Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-05-2021, 03:18 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Welp reinstalled and still no luck. I'm using the 4 steps to get started guide on youtube. Downloaded from the link there, then downloaded the most recent patch files and copied then into the p99 folder. Same error. My spells file at least looks normal now, even though I'm still just opening it using notepad.

account screen shows all the servers and the loading bar loads completely before the spells_us error, which makes me think the rest of the install and launcher is working fine. Just something with the spell files still.
Old 03-07-2021, 06:06 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike90 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welp reinstalled and still no luck. I'm using the 4 steps to get started guide on youtube. Downloaded from the link there, then downloaded the most recent patch files and copied then into the p99 folder. Same error. My spells file at least looks normal now, even though I'm still just opening it using notepad.

account screen shows all the servers and the loading bar loads completely before the spells_us error, which makes me think the rest of the install and launcher is working fine. Just something with the spell files still.
Can you check that the file dsetup.dll has been overwritten? Are you playing from Windows or another system?
Old 03-07-2021, 01:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by patlefort [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you check that the file dsetup.dll has been overwritten? Are you playing from Windows or another system?
Yeah I'm playing on windows. The dsetup.dll file is dated 10/25/2019, but it's from the most recent patch.
Old 03-07-2021, 07:43 PM
Large Rat

Maybe it's a locale problem. Is your windows in any other locale than US english? Maybe it's trying to load spells_en.txt instead or maybe the locale is making it parse the version differently.

Is there even other localization than english for EQ? I'm not sure how it handle that part.
Old 03-12-2021, 01:53 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Nah I'm in the US. Did a lot of searching and it seems like this error tends to pop up for a small % of people, who seemingly eventually give up unable to fix it. Frustrating. I'd like to play but seem to have hit a brick wall.