Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 06:48 AM
Planar Protector

Default Cleric races. So many good choices

So i'm now soon starting up my cleric on green but I'm actually pretty torn on race. Here are the top contenders IMO and the logic you might want to pick one on greal.

Inny human cleric

Solid well rounded stats. For a month or two you will get to have fun with that lich mask from paineel. Long term you get free fear and snare from clickies. Guise + inny opens up some interesting quest potential too. The ability to wear ivandyr's hoop should also be noted, as none of the other 3 can do so. 6hp, 6 ac, and 6 wis is nothing to sneeze at pre-velious . might even be useful in this time period for some emergency mana. You life tap with the hoop so you can stone yourself for maybe that extra heal or 2 in an emergency.( as a side note, is it still nerfed for no reason on P99 to not be rechargeable since they already nerfed lifetap line?) Sure other races can click it, but it would require them to use up a precious inventory slot. There is also the fright forged helm will give another instant click you spam for certain dispel-heavy raid encounters.

Dwarf
Solid short term and log term minmax choice for someone that both has a manastone and plans to mainly raid with the character. Short term the dwarf has solid overall stats but in particular the high stamina is of interest to those with stones. The charisma is a huge downfall if you plan to group or solo much. A dwarf will generally get close to one extra stone click per heal.

High elf

Excellent charisma and wisdom, the two most important stats for clerics who do not plan to permanently raid. While you have crap for str so weight is always an issue, box of abu drops frequently on greal and you could focus on getting low weight items that offer good ac/other stats like azure sleeves. Stamina versus charisma for raiding for non melee classes is always an interesting conundrum if factoring in divine intervention.

Halfling

Essentially same story as dwarf with slightly worse stats. But with a 5% exp bonus and the extra coolness of having both hide and sneak. Sneak can be quite useful as clerics don't get invisibility. You can also pacify NPCs to then be able to easily sneak up to them even when they normally wouldn't turn their back to you. The no brainer choice for anyone who just want's that rez ability ASAP.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by DMN; 01-15-2020 at 07:09 AM..
Old 01-15-2020, 08:27 AM
Planar Protector

I prefer high elf to have a bunch of charisma for lulls, or halfling for sneak and hide. I guess the clickies a human would get are pretty cool, though I've always preferred to pick a race more for its base perks that you can always rely on. You'll often have someone better to snare stuff. You're rarely want to fear stuff as far as I have ever played. But being able to do quests or vendor with bad factions, sneak past living stuff, hide afk to survive a train and rez your group up, pull off clutch lulls with only a few key pieces of charisma gear? That's what attracts me to those races for sure.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:38 AM
Planar Protector

Your personal aesthetic preference should be the highest priority. After that it's more about the type of gameplay you prefer. For example, if you'll mostly be grouping or duoing with an Enchanter, you aren't going to need a high CHA for lulls. Conversely, if you know you'll be doing a lot of soloing or duoing with a Mage or melee, you'll get a lot more benefit from a higher CHA race. Ultimately Inny Human and Halfling are probably the min/max choices, depending on your preferred playstyle.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:53 AM
Planar Protector

I'm not sure about always having someone better to snare.You have rangers (rare), druids (who you wlll rarely group with as a cleric), SKs (rare), and necros(they tend t atttract players who mostly solo), then bards of course, probabaly the most likley one you will encoutner as a cleric on p99. So im not sure lot of snare going around and snare can save a lot of mana in group situations. it also will enable fear kiting without the need for any additional classes. Fear also intterrupts spell casting if cast on a rooted mob. Again, can save a lot of mana on certain spell casting enemies.

I'm also a huge cha fan for any class that gets lulls. But it is worth noting humans only have 5 less cha than high elves.
Last edited by DMN; 01-15-2020 at 09:10 AM..
Old 01-15-2020, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your personal aesthetic preference should be the highest priority. After that it's more about the type of gameplay you prefer. For example, if you'll mostly be grouping or duoing with an Enchanter, you aren't going to need a high CHA for lulls. Conversely, if you know you'll be doing a lot of soloing or duoing with a Mage or melee, you'll get a lot more benefit from a higher CHA race. Ultimately Inny Human and Halfling are probably the min/max choices, depending on your preferred playstyle.
if i knew a cleric could get their Cha to 170+ with enchanter buff, the enchanter would probabaly prefer the cleric to lull. Even with the higher crit lull rates it's much safer for a cleric to pull aggro of 4-5 mobs since they can turn invulnerable while the enchanter puts the rest on ice. Doesn't work the oher way around. Uusally end up with a dead enchanter waiting out rez effects.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:41 PM
Banned

The answer is gnome. At least you'll be able to see through the walls you'll be staring at.
Old 01-15-2020, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Human inny all day. Clickies are fun and you get lots of them. There’s also a deadeye instant clicky helm so no more night vision/see invis needed. Nice for gcd reset also and nearly highest cha. No brainer IMO unless you just prefer the looks of another race.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The answer is gnome. At least you'll be able to see through the walls you'll be staring at.
well said and spoken like someone who has played a Cleric before.

10 out of 10 on your reply Sir/Ma'am.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kinda defeats the point though...

I think a Dwarf, or possibly human, would most appreciate masonry inspections.
Old 01-17-2020, 01:08 PM
Sarnak

Erudite with lich clicky mask. Mana regen,ultravision,skelly illusion.

I'll get the lights
Closed Thread