Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 09:58 AM
Kobold

Wow > week long tov windows
Old 08-13-2016, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Ugh a game doors plays. Rethinking trying this now.
Old 08-13-2016, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

The Illidari were spec ops for Illidan. Not a bad quest line for their start up.
Old 08-13-2016, 03:05 PM
Banned

You know an invasion is happening when there are 40+ people on a damn zepplin.

http://imgur.com/a/tZ9X5
Old 08-13-2016, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubbz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know an invasion is happening when there are 40+ people on a damn zepplin.

http://imgur.com/a/tZ9X5
Lulz. Some hillarious frame rates proly going in there.
Old 08-13-2016, 05:13 PM
Fire Giant

Just want to warn people that if you end up checking it out, A LOT has changed. Talents are completely revamped, so are questing zones, dungeons, new BGs, everything. Don't go into it expecting it to be what you remember.

FYI you can also get to level 20 for free, no need to resub until you're past that point.
Old 08-13-2016, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

so I looked at the new "cutscenes".

My beef is they aren't fully CGI and are using CGI overlay on live-action WoW in-game animation, essentially using the WoW graphic engine as their studio.

They are using in-game animation constructions rather than full CGI (which costs more than triple what they probably spent easily)

So when people say no CGI cinematics, that's what people mean.An example of fully CGI cinematic would be the Diablo 2 Expansion pack cinematics. That's what full real deal independent CGI looks like.

The use of the in-game engine as a studio to create these cinematics, and then touching them up with CGI for facial expressions and movement is a budget and cost cutting move. Its jewish. Its bobby kotick.... period.

I don't like their pseudo-CGI cost cutting direction, but Ill fucking play it one last time since Blizzard designers are going balls out on this expac with overhauls and new storyline content that makes a CGI boycott look absolutely retarded.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 08-13-2016, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been playing this since the 9th. I haven't played since wolk. The game is refreshing and pretty fun. Demon hunters start at 98 and you're 100 by the time the DH storyline is complete. PVP is completely different than I remember it. Items mean nothing as everyone is boosted or lowered to the same value. It reminds me more of League of Legends and I like it. The demon invasions are good and you basically get a full set of catchup gear after doing a few. I haven't done any raids, and don't plan to. The normalization of PVP might keep me around for more than a month.

Still playing p99, because wow doesn't quite fill that dragon fix and there is something to be said for keeping Detoxx in the spin zone while he plays second fiddle week after week.
Yeah I'm looking forward to it, as its all relatively new to me. I quit during WOTLK as well. Thanks for the feedback.

A GM I was talking to about restoring my 2004 accounts was the same age as me and also quit during WOTLK. He also, like me, refused to mail his photo ID to Blizzard when his account was locked/lost. I said "Yeah I said fuck that at the time." The GM was like "So did I". I lol'd irl and good thing I wasn't drinking any water.

The new system for restoring and recovering is extremely streamlined and available 24/7 with instant help...Activision and big corporate design has gone a LONG way to making this the only AAA title on the market. Its WoW or nothing really for good reason.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 08-13-2016, 06:28 PM
Banned

for people who don't have a wow account and want to play it, you can buy the base game for $20 and get all the expansions up to legion for free. Also if you plan on buying the game let someone on these forums know so we can use the refer a friend program on you.
Last edited by Grubbz; 08-13-2016 at 06:41 PM..
Old 08-13-2016, 11:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so I looked at the new "cutscenes".

My beef is they aren't fully CGI and are using CGI overlay on live-action WoW in-game animation, essentially using the WoW graphic engine as their studio.

They are using in-game animation constructions rather than full CGI (which costs more than triple what they probably spent easily)

So when people say no CGI cinematics, that's what people mean.An example of fully CGI cinematic would be the Diablo 2 Expansion pack cinematics. That's what full real deal independent CGI looks like.

The use of the in-game engine as a studio to create these cinematics, and then touching them up with CGI for facial expressions and movement is a budget and cost cutting move. Its jewish. Its bobby kotick.... period.

I don't like their pseudo-CGI cost cutting direction, but Ill fucking play it one last time since Blizzard designers are going balls out on this expac with overhauls and new storyline content that makes a CGI boycott look absolutely retarded.
The comic book, "hand drawn" ones seemed out of place. I did lol, approvingly, at the center-screen text window from Warcraft 3 style quest speech during the demon hunter quest line tho'. Felt it was a nice touch.