Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 03-16-2022, 06:05 PM
Sarnak

For most classes I'd agree the time sink vs reward is unfair but OP is an enchanter... prob the single class that could spend the least amount of time online and build a nice bankroll in no time to purchase whatever they needed.
Old 03-16-2022, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrei [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For most classes I'd agree the time sink vs reward is unfair but OP is an enchanter... prob the single class that could spend the least amount of time online and build a nice bankroll in no time to purchase whatever they needed.
Technically yes but most of those items you sell to generate a ton of plat are almost perma camped also lol
Old 03-16-2022, 11:32 PM
Kobold

I agree. Most of the game is just plain inaccessible to me since I don't live in my mom's basement. It's too much to ask if I ever try to get something for my one and only character versus someone's 12th alt.
Old 03-17-2022, 12:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolguy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi guys,

Just want to make a slight suggestion. When we played classic in 1999 and such servers weren't top heavy, important epic spawns weren't camped 24/7 with LR sold off for obscene plat that only exist in permanently unemployed world. But some of that is here, and part of the problem is long spawn timers on mobs that are only used for epic quests.

I've started on Enchanter epic, fairly useless epic, just for fun mostly to see if I can haste guild during raids mana free (it has no other value really). Quickly found out that Verina and Vessel are perma camped and their LR are sold for very high amounts. It's not classic experience to pay ransom to high level guilds to complete a quest that your own guild can do. And a fix for this would be simple, make their re-spawn only few hours instead of several days. This would make it possible to actually get for others. And I'm sure same can be said for other epic mobs for other classes that likely have exact same problem.

I really don't get why people take a fan server so ultra seriously that they no life that stuff, none of this matters, it won't pay bills, or feed family, it's just nostalgia and entertainment that few awesome dudes brought back to us free of charge out of passion dev hours. It doesn't need to be that silly competitive.

Just feedback.
I have suggested before that the Enchanter Epic bottleneck pieces should be a roll off with an hour lockout. The fact that so many people can just set up some retired level 60 warrior at the spawn points and have SMS alerts to their phone when it pops is just... completely fucked up.

It seems like there were a decent amount of people who were FOR it, but I didn't hear anything back from anyone on how to set up a player agreement.
Old 03-17-2022, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems like there were a decent amount of people who were FOR it, but I didn't hear anything back from anyone on how to set up a player agreement.
To setup a player agreement you just have to get every player at the camp to agree to it. And then get them to do it again the next week, and the next ... and then (at some undetermined point in time) the GMs will step in and start punishing anyone who violates it.

Or at least that's how we got the Shady Goblin player agreement in place (one of the first on Blue), and it's how similar agreements (eg. Angry Goblin) also got made ...

... but that approach seems kind of difficult here, as you'd have to browbeat all the Warriors out there to let Enchanters have their epic.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-17-2022 at 01:46 PM..
Old 03-17-2022, 02:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To setup a player agreement you just have to get every player at the camp to agree to it. And then get them to do it again the next week, and the next ... and then (at some undetermined point in time) the GMs will step in and start punishing anyone who violates it.

Or at least that's how we got the Shady Goblin player agreement in place (one of the first on Blue), and it's how similar agreements (eg. Angry Goblin) also got made ...

... but that approach seems kind of difficult here, as you'd have to browbeat all the Warriors out there to let Enchanters have their epic.
Let alone poopsock the mob for 5 days
Old 03-17-2022, 02:51 PM
Fire Giant

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...=378489&page=6