Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-20-2023, 09:12 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by apathe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone familiar with the mouse look issue, where trying to mouse look causes the game to (seemingly randomly) snap around your perspective? I assume it's something to do with the computer tracking your pointer and the client's tracking contradicting one another, but am not sure.

Hoping that there is a fix, because it can be pretty disorientating.
I always set Boot Order -> Boot Flags to have "devices.usb.enable_mouse=0" set and then mouse set to auto detect for games and seems to be the best I could get it in parallels.
Old 07-20-2023, 10:26 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are settings in both VMWare Fusion and Parallels that will fix this. I can't remember what they called, but in Parallel's it's related to the gaming optimization settings.
You are the man. Easy fix, appreciate it.
Old 07-20-2023, 10:26 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezzo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always set Boot Order -> Boot Flags to have "devices.usb.enable_mouse=0" set and then mouse set to auto detect for games and seems to be the best I could get it in parallels.
Did you try what Crunk suggested or were there other mouse issues you were experiencing?
Old 07-21-2023, 09:28 AM
Skeleton

enrolling costs like 70$? are you for real? or did you do something wrong.
Old 07-21-2023, 09:54 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukeka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
enrolling costs like 70$? are you for real? or did you do something wrong.
For Parallels? Didn't do anything wrong. It's a recurring annual subscription that, given its competitors' pricing is extremely expensive for not much extra benefit. This is why I've tried to get it working on VMWare which is free. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-21-2023, 11:22 PM
Sarnak

So I have a brand new macbook pro M2 Max and on crossover using WinEQ2, I get no more than 20 frames in any zone, and when raiding, I get 3 FPS. Does anyone run crossover with a higher frame rate? Is it wineq doing something?

I haven't tried it yet without wineq2 and being that it's a program running within the everquest bottle, I'm sure it could make something worse but not sure. Any help?
Old 07-24-2023, 09:44 AM
Sarnak

Those that are using parallels, how much ram and cpu cores are you devoting to run p99 on the virtual machine?
Old 07-26-2023, 02:27 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by slard271 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@Crunk

Your process worked great with a new installation on a Mac mini M1. Couple quick notes on things I did slightly differently:
- In order to install GPTK you have to be running Sonoma (I couldn't change the slider to "Integrate external sources" on the CXPatcher and finally (accidentally) hovered the mouse over it where it told me you have to be running Sonoma.). So I just installed the Sonoma beta.
- I installed the EQ bottle as instructed but when I fired it up I was having texture issues (there was no ground). This is probably because I incorrectly copied over files. To remedy this, I had a copy of my entire old windows installation, so I opened the drive_c of the bottle, deleted the "program files x86/sony/everquest" directory and simply copied over the previous windows installation as you mentioned. This worked fine.
- Apparently the UI files are also kept in that same directory versus on a windows install where they would be under appdata.
- I didn't have to modify values in the eqclient.ini file. Specifically the values you set to false are all set to true... so YMMV.
- Related to the above point, frame rate is fine except in a couple zones. e.g. Wakening Lands was pretty abysmal out in the forest but improved when I went into the goo caves. (Granted two things: 1) this is just a Mac mini so it's not uber powerful 2) I don't know if the values you changed to false in the eqclient.ini might impact performance, so I might experiment with that.)
- I just wanted to echo what you said also about the bottle installation within crossover installing a couple extra things. It definitely did and that probably saves a lot of headaches with weird crashes or errors so if you do have an old installation that might be the way to go: use the bottle installation process then just delete everything and copy over and old installation.
- "Crossover will complain that it thinks the app didn't install correctly..." This definitely also happened for me so knowing to just ignore it was pretty darn useful.

Thanks for the writeup!
I followed this but get error "No 3D Device Found"
Old 08-17-2023, 01:48 PM
Kobold

Hey! Been running on parallels v17 on my M1 mac for a couple of months without any issues. However, recently I started getting lag whenever I move my mouse. It happens in every app, not just p99. Anyone else had this issue? Trying to get help from parallels support but they are not very helpful..
Old 08-31-2023, 12:31 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordbear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey! Been running on parallels v17 on my M1 mac for a couple of months without any issues. However, recently I started getting lag whenever I move my mouse. It happens in every app, not just p99. Anyone else had this issue? Trying to get help from parallels support but they are not very helpful..
Memory pressure too high? I'm use imac m1 with 8gb ram, which share 4gb ram to parallels, it always turn to yellow sometimes red if i watch youtube when waiting, it will start to drop fps on parallels side

Yesterday i start to share 2gb ram to parallels to save more ram on mac side, it seems works with no problem, just killed vindi with 35+ ppl no fps drop, both mac and parallels run smooth, will try it again when 100+ ppl raid comes[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]