Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-16-2021, 01:28 PM
Kobold

Default Spells still being interrupted 7-8 times in a row

my casting proficiency is maxxed out and for some reason i am standing still (not quad kiting) casting enstill or even immobilize and the spell is interrupted 7-8 times in a row.

I know for sure this is not a normal occurrence on any other server or even classic.

In another thread Videri mentioned this

"There are no "random interrupts while standing still." However, if you're running, and you stop and immediately cast a spell, the game will think you were moving. All you have to do is turn slightly after stopping and this will confirm to the game that you are, in fact, not moving."

You see the thing is im standing completely still and clicking the enstill or immobilize button.

In addition, there is no mob beating on me.
Old 10-16-2021, 01:42 PM
Kobold

I dont expect any assistance with this issue as it seems even the ones i have reported 2 months ago still have not been fixed.

but on the off chance another kind soul. Finds it completely 100% abnormal for a spell to be interrupted 7-8 times in a row without moving or being attacked, and help out, i might stop reporting these legit things that are actually happening. And people can stop abusing me and calling me retarded.
Old 10-16-2021, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

You need to stand still for a longer period of time before casting. The server needs to get the packet update from your client telling the server you have stopped moving. This means there is always a delay between when you see your character stop moving, and when the server thinks you have stopped moving. The movement check for spell casting is done on the server, not the client.

Depending on your internet connection speed and your physical distance from the p99 servers, you may need to wait a little bit longer than other players.

This issue cannot really be fixed by the devs, as they have no control over when your packet telling the server you have stopped will arrive.

On my casting characters I have just developed a habit of waiting 1 second after stopping movement before I start attempting to cast. It may be longer for you if it takes longer for you to send and recieve packets.
Old 10-17-2021, 12:23 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You need to stand still for a longer period of time before casting. The server needs to get the packet update from your client telling the server you have stopped moving. This means there is always a delay between when you see your character stop moving, and when the server thinks you have stopped moving. The movement check for spell casting is done on the server, not the client.

Depending on your internet connection speed and your physical distance from the p99 servers, you may need to wait a little bit longer than other players.

This issue cannot really be fixed by the devs, as they have no control over when your packet telling the server you have stopped will arrive.

On my casting characters I have just developed a habit of waiting 1 second after stopping movement before I start attempting to cast. It may be longer for you if it takes longer for you to send and recieve packets.
good, well im glad that this could be related to a couple of things that ive noticed and posted. And may not be bugs .. or drugs (as others have so boldly stated).