Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2021, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

BDA were good for the memes and the ragequit when they didn't get ringfenced "casual" pixels on day 1 of Velious.

That's their legacy, along with trying to zerg every target and recruit half the server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol
Old 10-18-2021, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Chest getting suspended day 1 velious was one of the best days on server, change my mind.
Old 10-19-2021, 02:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I saw this and vaguely remembered typing up a condensed history on the raid scene at Velious launch through a little after the sleeper being woken up. I found the original thread which also has some decent info about pre-Velious sprinkled in there. My post is on page 2.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=236234
thanks legday. your post was superb. that's exactly what I am looking for. if anyone can pick up where he left off with that same quality that would be exactly what this post was originally intended for.
Old 10-20-2021, 05:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by doeda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IB was top tier, quit then a zerg guild was formed TMO, velious launched, IB came back stomped all the zerg guilds, TMO disbanded, Aftermath/AA era now Vanquish/Riot era
IB was never Top Tier. They were just the first. They got beat pretty soundly by TMO.
Old 10-20-2021, 05:42 PM
Aviak

Why don't you research and post Green's history? Blue's is already done.
Old 10-20-2021, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly the wiki is bad and full of errors
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I checked out that wiki as well and it has a lot of problems.
If only there was a way for posters like you to make it better ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-20-2021, 06:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IB was never Top Tier. They were just the first. They got beat pretty soundly by TMO.
Say what? By that logic, noone but Vanquish is top tier, they all just got there first. IB had 43 VP keys before (TMO+A=TMO) had one.
30ish VP keys quit the server before VP even opened...... Maybe 5 came back for opening day.

TMO grew into something huge, but it did so with zero competition when IB left for EQmac. When IB returned from EQmac, Rampage formed. History repeat. But it's all meaningless history..

Riot or Vanquish of 2021 would dominate either of those guilds effortlessly. Even giving the old guillds old clickies, either of the current two would have their match.
Old 10-20-2021, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Say what? By that logic, noone but Vanquish is top tier, they all just got there first. IB had 43 VP keys before (TMO+A=TMO) had one.
30ish VP keys quit the server before VP even opened...... Maybe 5 came back for opening day.

TMO grew into something huge, but it did so with zero competition when IB left for EQmac. When IB returned from EQmac, Rampage formed. History repeat. But it's all meaningless history..

Riot or Vanquish of 2021 would dominate either of those guilds effortlessly. Even giving the old guillds old clickies, either of the current two would have their match.
Its the same people recycled, with a few casuals that decided to move up out of "casual" guilds.
Closed Thread