Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 08:52 AM
Banned

Default The tale of the neckbeards demise.

Here is a story of a young neckbeard. He once was stricken by friendships and questing. Now he's in a war of attrition against 1 common enemy, young neckbeard 2. These two neckbeards don't hold anything back against each other. From trains to false accusations the tensions reach critical levels over pixels eventually creating a rift.

This rift left room for a true coalition to be created. They are based off neckbeard gameplay but adapt to a casual play style. A ruleset of DKP that doesn't promote inflation and rewards the FTE'rs with first pick.. all the things you'd need to battle the existing neckbeards.

As the pixels dry up the thirst is greater than ever for young neck beards 1 and 2. Out of pure greed and self preservation they decide it's best to team up against the coalition not knowing the strain it puts on the rest of the neckbeards guild. The weakness is beginning to grow. The tell Windows begin to flood with whispers of jumping ship to agnar.

As the sodium rises so does the burn out occurring. Less and less people look familiar to neckbeard 1 and 2 as people stop logging in. The allure of gearing warmbody 146 and that guy on the line for 16 hours just padding dkp is losing its luster....

The oracle from the coalition predicted all this a year ago.. He said "remember FE + ib to fight tmo? Then remember fe+tmo trying to fight IB, which turned into rampage?..."

The oracle then added "the difference back then was we had velious to look forward to, in the next year nothing is being added, with this the burnout will be critical levels for anyone fighting that same war"

Now the same thing is following suit just as planned. Only a few can see the whole forest thru the trees.

TLDR - nothing new , neckbeards running out of socks to fight so they must share socks together eventually strangling each other with them.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:15 AM
Kobold

The things people will do for pixels, keep the pressure on them Merkk, make them crumble.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:57 AM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-02-2017, 11:41 AM
Aviak

Wipe it clean?
Old 05-02-2017, 11:46 AM
Fire Giant

Merkk has a lot of free time now.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

A good question for all of you is what will I do with the gear once I get it? Allow me to answer. You'll use it to kill the same things you just killed and didn't need that gear to kill them in the first place. Bit of a maddening cycle, isn't it? The inevitable existential crisis will make you quit eventually, but here's to hoping you all figure it out before then.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:39 PM
Kobold

I kill everything I need to with my druid who still has vermi gear and wears a gimblox ring. My kunark geared rog still is at the top of DPS charts. No epic necro does just as good. and my cleric still needs hate gear can do anything a fully velious geared clr can.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:49 PM
Fire Giant

Here's to hoping Rustle quits rustling about how other people play the game. Less time in game = more time on the forums bitching about how people play the game. Basically it doesn't matter what you're doing, you still have a fuckload of free time and just because you're casual doesn't mean all the sudden you're doing something with your life. You've just filled those old EQ areas with shitting up the forums or playing some other game that ultimately has no meaning in relevance to your success.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:50 PM
Fire Giant

Also Merkk's material is always shit.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:04 PM
Fire Giant

someone sounds... Rustled

GET IT? LOL.

.. i'll see myself out
Closed Thread