Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Well bigger is better so I have to say ogres have the best moneymaker. As evidenced by the Maiden's Fancy in Neriak 3rd gate.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Believe it or not even a Cleric does not need much gear if you are not going to try and be a Battle Cleric. The more mana you have the longer you sit on your butt medding. So it pretty much works out the same. Cleric Spells are Super mana efficient by the time they get them. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-16-2015, 02:02 PM
Fire Giant

I like all the suggestions so far. Druid is cool because if you go to the camp you want and its taken you can port to another one. I am partial to ench because it's my main, you can solo pretty much anything and groups always want you.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:53 PM
Fire Giant

Whoever says Druids arent gear dependent is only telling one side of the story. In order to quad you have to have big mana pool. And that's one of their most efficient means of soloing. Charm soloing might be better, but the difficulty of that is much higher. Root Rotting is good, and not hugely mana dependent, but is kind of boring.

The least gear dependent class that ROCKS at soloing is hands down the necromancer. You can solo anything level appropriate butt naked. I think for a brand new player you either go Druid or Necro. Druid has the ability to port people around for money. I have a 42 Druid and don't really do porting for money, but one days where i've been selling/buying in EC, I will advertise porting, and easy make 200-500p an hour. once you get to 50 as a druid you can power level 1-20 for about 10k PP, so that's obviously a massive money maker. But you have to get all the way to 50 for that.

I'd say if you're brand new, and interested in cash, just go with the necro, and do all of the camps that have good loot that also give you xp

Here's a link to a good xp/money guide

http://wiki.project1999.com/Treasure_Hunting_Guide
and
http://wiki.project1999.com/Ultimate...ng_Money_Guide

Asher
Old 07-16-2015, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

I agree with the above poster. I started quadding at 34 but I spent about 10k twinking my druid out. And even then, I would sometimes run out of mana before the quad was finished due to resists and whatnot.

My first character on P99 was a Necro, I got him to 52 with barely anything
Old 07-16-2015, 04:01 PM
Banned

short-term, for quick money:

create bard, learn how to aoe kite, level to 54, powerlevel others for boatloads of platinum

as a bonus, you'll have a high-level tracker who's king of outdoor zones
Old 07-16-2015, 04:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
short-term, for quick money:

create bard, learn how to aoe kite, level to 54, powerlevel others for boatloads of platinum

as a bonus, you'll have a high-level tracker who's king of outdoor zones
]

Surprised it took this long for the bard to come up. Bard needs almost no gear, literally. Kiting requires an instrument and that's it. PLing Plat > Porting.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:43 AM
Sarnak

macroquest users could make bows and sell them to make quite a bit of coin in a small amount of time. forgot the combine though
Closed Thread