Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 03:35 PM
Orc

Default Deepwater Harpoon - Gamebreaking on Green?

A low level gnome messaged me yesterday offering a player-made quest in Freeport which provided a Deepwater Harpoon as the reward. He linked the item to me and there is a way for rogues to glitch the quest.

This item is almost best in slot pre-planes. It should be removed and quest should be fixed if this is the case.
Old 10-30-2019, 03:56 PM
Sarnak

Wiki shows it as minimum level 40. Should be 40 for turn-in; would solve the problem.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaramis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wiki shows it as minimum level 40. Should be 40 for turn-in; would solve the problem.
The level requirements for quests in the wiki are just suggestions for when you should be high enough to complete them. They aren't in any way a requirement.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-30-2019, 06:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaramis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone was actually GIVING ONE AWAY in Freeport last night!

One lucky Paladin walked away VERY happy that evening!
Old 10-30-2019, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone was actually GIVING ONE AWAY in Freeport last night!

One lucky Paladin walked away VERY happy that evening!
No one finished the quest yet. Most paladins were too busy to come even hear the quest.

Now I travel shouting "Woa is me, I wishs I could find a [noble paladin] worthy of the great Deepwater Harpoon"

And still no paladins even wana hear the quest!! -shrug- Some day a paladin will prove themselves worthy of it. I think one is pretty close.

It's been about 24 hours since I gave the quest too. A level 1 coulda done it.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
this isnt accurate as most quests you can be level 1 even in live eq still to this day just on certian items you cant equip certain items until the 40+ level

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 10-30-2019, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

What's so great about an 18/40 2hs for rogues?
Old 10-30-2019, 04:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's so great about an 18/40 2hs for rogues?
It's not for Rogues, it's PAL only. I think OP is suggesting a Rogue is able to bug it somehow.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:36 PM
Fire Giant

The quest could be done at level 1 on live and you didn't even have to do the potion part of it. There is nothing wrong with the quest here.
Rustymule - EC trader

RED
Node Red - [ANONYMOUS]
Chun Li - [ANONYMOUS]
Old 10-30-2019, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaldar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A low level gnome messaged me yesterday offering a player-made quest in Freeport which provided a Deepwater Harpoon as the reward. He linked the item to me and there is a way for rogues to glitch the quest.

This item is almost best in slot pre-planes. It should be removed and quest should be fixed if this is the case.
http://wiki.project1999.com/Deepwater_Harpoon

Paladin-only. There’s no way for rogues to equip it. Also, they can’t backstab with it as it is not a Piercing weapon.

What do you mean by “glitch the quest”? I bet rogues with the proper faction can do the quest without any glitch at all.
Closed Thread