Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 06:30 PM
Project Manager

Default stargate origins (spoilers lol)

What the actual fuck.

r.i.p stargate
Old 03-20-2018, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

this is that new series by the MGM streaming service?

Its only available on MGM streaming or something right?

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 03-20-2018, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

High hopes, low expectations. I never got into Atlantis but I still watch the crap out of SG1.

There was a fan film recently that eludes me. Seems like there are still mega fans out there for the series but it can't get the reboot it deserves.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:15 PM
Banned

no hate or anything but like stargate was always campy sux and if you rly hope reboots of it will hold water their's a hole in you're processing u should try to address
Old 03-20-2018, 07:25 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is that new series by the MGM streaming service?

Its only available on MGM streaming or something right?
yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Shark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More information needed, not googling this
no need, just don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
High hopes, low expectations. I never got into Atlantis but I still watch the crap out of SG1.

There was a fan film recently that eludes me. Seems like there are still mega fans out there for the series but it can't get the reboot it deserves.
this was supposed(?) to gauge the interest of the existing/potential stargate fanbase. it made me feel bad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no hate or anything but like stargate was always campy sux and if you rly hope reboots of it will hold water their's a hole in you're processing u should try to address
if you thought previous stargates were campy with the (sg1) episodes having a budget of ~$2million each, avoid this $300k 10min 10 episode masterpiece
Old 03-20-2018, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Okay I was slightly wrong. They canceled a movie back in late 2016 that was supposed to be the first in a trilogy. This orgins thing probably won't put butts in seats. I really thought that this was some kind of fan funded project... ouch.

Trailer for origins if anyone was wondering..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itqq9hzLapk
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:05 AM
Banned

Hope it has a forward looking millennial cast. /s

Though the figurative "they" shouldn't reboot stargate and should make some OC. Even if it's similar. Like the means of travel is a giant circular gate... Break from the universe... Instead a bunch of MIT students get their hands on it, can't figure out the symbols, but build their own hacker version.

The trailer already didn't excite me.

The series needs to explore a different theme, go a different direction. Like it almost did itself in several episodes.

Heck, pick a similar parrellel ish earth society with a different history that can be hand crafted to jump off from. Can be in another galaxy far away.

Mash up cyberpunk and stargate... Maybe the bad guys are the culture the protagonists are from all along.
Last edited by Irulan; 03-21-2018 at 10:15 AM..
Old 03-22-2018, 12:21 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What the actual fuck.

r.i.p stargate
^^^^

What I said when SG:U reached episode 7 as I became more and more disappointed with each passing week.

I don't watch TV anymore. (GoT excluded, but they ruined that too)
Old 03-22-2018, 11:39 PM
Banned

I was actually at one of the main companies were they were going to do an alpha, sad to say it never took off [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] they took us all in a boardroom and showed us all the cool graphics of stargate ppls standing around stargates and getting exp.

It would have been pretty epic IMO. I think it got scrubbed through right around that time the MMO bubble burst.

Wow was a beast, everything else was floundering. SWG went under. Everyone got scared of MMOs

part of it was people spending millions on huge projects rather than starting small.

I think one of the reasons EQ was succesful was because it was started in a garage and didn't get overzealous with it's development initially.

The game might have been rly cool.
Last edited by Irulan; 03-22-2018 at 11:42 PM..
Closed Thread