Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 10:38 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's all just a big social experiment
That's literally why I'm still keeping tabs on it I'm curious how this is going to turn out
Old 01-20-2020, 10:39 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one cares. Are you quitting? Good!
Was there ever a point where I asked you to care? More pixels for you right! Lol
Old 01-20-2020, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

If I took one lesson from reading so much classic EQ source material, it was that as soon as people realize they can whine their way to getting something, they don't stop whining, and it eventually ruins everything.

EQ and Verant needed less communication with the players, not more. Less personal, not more personal. Less conciliatory, not more conciliatory.

What most people whine for in Everquest is generally their own personal advantage. They only see as far as the end of their noses. If you give them what they want, you just ruin the game.

Abashi had the right attitude. Fuck the players, lol.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I took one lesson from reading so much classic EQ source material, it was that as soon as people realize they can whine their way to getting something, they don't stop whining, and it eventually ruins everything.
Long before EQ was a notion, Kesmai studios had a couple sayings. "Players are like rats," and "We could get them all laid and they'd still bitch." That studio perhaps took the opposite extreme too far and tended to refuse to fix anything until it was far too late. There's a good middle ground someplace.

Verant/Sony--when they listened at all--very much had a tendency to listen to the folks who cried the most, and the loudest. Their poor management of their product definitely contributed to its relatively rapid decline.

Danth
Old 01-20-2020, 10:50 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

People Need to just stop, the game is not ruined, Its a free game, it provides THOUSANDS of hours of fun and joy for all of you, and you act like this over something so small? The only thing it effects is legacy items, I never got any, the account sharing was rabid and i couldnt stay up long enough. Was i a little upset? yeah of course! am i gonna complain and say it ruined the game? no way man, this game rocks, its a free community where you can play a game that otherwise WOULD NOT EXIST! All you guys do is whine about whats not right, or what you want, instead of enjoying the aspect of the game that is community and other players, the things that made EQ so memorable and beautiful and fun. Now you just want everyone to be a bot so you can get the most xp and the most items you want. This is going to be good for the economy, the high end raid, and the server. Maybe its too early, but who cares... they do it for free and we should be thankful or move on.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:54 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesoundofmerk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People Need to just stop, the game is not ruined, Its a free game, it provides THOUSANDS of hours of fun and joy for all of you, and you act like this over something so small? The only thing it effects is legacy items, I never got any, the account sharing was rabid and i couldnt stay up long enough. Was i a little upset? yeah of course! am i gonna complain and say it ruined the game? no way man, this game rocks, its a free community where you can play a game that otherwise WOULD NOT EXIST! All you guys do is whine about whats not right, or what you want, instead of enjoying the aspect of the game that is community and other players, the things that made EQ so memorable and beautiful and fun. Now you just want everyone to be a bot so you can get the most xp and the most items you want. This is going to be good for the economy, the high end raid, and the server. Maybe its too early, but who cares... they do it for free and we should be thankful or move on.
I hope you're right. I hope it is good for the community, so far nothing has been good for the community since green launch. I really don't know why that is, I have ideas but not enough data to even have an opinion.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:00 AM
Kobold

the 12 demented boomers that whine 24/7 on these forums are not even a fraction of what the real community of eq1 99 green is lol, the majority of people are just playing the game and leveling and enjoying a more social experience, the merge literally is only effecting account sharing goons and legacy farmers which is a minority of the community
Old 01-20-2020, 11:06 AM
Kobold

Are you whiners gone yet? Surely you won’t be sticking around on the terrible server that you hate.

It’s cliche but just head over to live or some modern mmo, it was honestly where you were always going to end up.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:15 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Baptiste Cutting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you whiners gone yet? Surely you won’t be sticking around on the terrible server that you hate.

It’s cliche but just head over to live or some modern mmo, it was honestly where you were always going to end up.
Nah I'm the opposite. I fired up grand old games and decided to play starflight 2 again. How do you not get that the problem is that the community is disrupted, severely? Stability and time might change that, but its the only thing that will. The merge could help, in the long run, but that's not guaranteed. If they have to split again at kunark release I have no idea how it will be received. It could even bring more players back, that would surprise me but i can't rule it out.

I liked the fact that on blue there were always plenty of people in EC selling, not anymore on blue or teal, maybe green is better. Its not the only thing just the most visible indicator. Its a great sign when you could log in at 1pm on a wednesday afternoon and have close to 100 people in EC tunnel, nothing close is going on today.
Old 01-20-2020, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malikail [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The merge could help, in the long run, but that's not guaranteed. If they have to split again at kunark release.....
IMHO, there is very little chance of another split in the Kunark era unless somehow crazily there were 3K+ players on for over a week of primetime evenings in a row...even if so, it would just be temporary again.
Closed Thread