Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 03:30 PM
Fire Giant

Try the blue server if you cant find exp to do on green blue is always open in terms of camps

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nirgon is just shitposting.

Most of us playing are in similar boats. Not claiming to be more advanced that those with more free time (hell, we are all on the hamster wheel of EQ, no?), but most of the folks I have chatted with are actually pretty nice.
This has been my experience too. Most of the people are pretty nice and are usually pretty fair about things. I know there are people who have lots of free time on thier hands. I was just pointing out that most of the people I have interacted with are like me and have jobs, family, and a limited amount of time to play and just would like to be able to actually play the game and not have to wait to play the game because someone has been camping someplace for 10 straight hours and won't give someone else a chance to play in the camp because they want to make plat selling items....
Decaying Skeleton

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-20-2020, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dremias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I do enjoy EQ, my problem is this merger isolates players like me. Unlike in 1999, I cannot go to a low population server to play.
Perhaps you can; it's called "Blue." There are some forumgoers who like to belittle anyone who currently picks that server but they're easily ignored. Over the past couple months I've tinkered around on "Teal" some while also playing on "Blue" here and there and I've come to the conclusion that at this stage of my life I like what the older server offers better than the new one. "Blue" has become very casual-friendly between the good starter gear available, the fixed content with no expansion pressure or time-gated content, and the larger game world relative to the fresh servers. Low-hours players should give it strong consideration. In the longer period those "Green" characters are liable to wind up on "Blue" anyway so there may not be much difference in the end for a low-hours player who'll need 3-5 years just to get himself established.

I'll continue logging on "Green" here and there but for someone like me it's best used as a change of pace rather than a long-term home.

Danth
Old 01-20-2020, 03:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ya it's a great impersonation, was cringin.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

Well, to be in an emotional space that allows for joy in denying others trivial content (50s collecting orc belts etc) is one of the hallmarks of social isolation and virtual addiction forewarned by The Lawnmower Man.

Old 01-20-2020, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

TAKP is probably a better fit for you. You can 3-box they're, I did it for awhile, it's an interesting change of pace and you bring your own group everywhere you go.

But that's never what I want P99 to be.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

consider Blue
Old 01-20-2020, 03:37 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TAKP is probably a better fit for you. You can 3-box they're, I did it for awhile, it's an interesting change of pace and you bring your own group everywhere you go.

But that's never what I want P99 to be.

Boxing is bad.... never a good thing for the game btw
Old 01-20-2020, 03:38 PM
Aviak

The real problem is the trolls dominate the forums and we have people who i do not think are actual devs but appear to be forum admins who are in full agreement with the trolls. I'm just watching at this point to see how this all turns out. I'm curious and its interesting to watch. I wish them well but i am not sure how this current path can succeed, but maybe it will. I like being surprised.
Closed Thread