Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I get an account ...
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

lol let me finish watching The Edge and Ill do it when I'm on the clock at work tomorrow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There is a rad grizzly bear fight in this movie, I am prepping for green learning the best strats to defeat them.

All of the survival techniques in this film are applicable directly to the Karanas.

Edit: oh yea did you see that I tagged you in a post somewhere? lol that does nothing and I dont remember which post it was but its floating around there somewhere and its about this conversation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-18-2019 at 09:24 PM..
Old 09-18-2019, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit: oh yea did you see that I tagged you in a post somewhere? lol that does nothing and I dont remember which post it was but its floating around there somewhere and its about this conversation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I honestly didn't know that "tagging" was a thing here. Do you just mean that you wrote "#Loramin" or is it an actual feature?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

Haha I meant as in a feature that exists in some platforms but definitely not here so you wont get any notification or anything but you will find a post one day randomly that says @loramin in it and now you'll know what conversation it's in reference to [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-18-2019, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Haha I meant as in a feature that exists in some platforms but definitely not here so you wont get any notification or anything but you will find a post one day randomly that says @loramin in it and now you'll know what conversation it's in reference to [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
The Tartons Wheel quest, is that sol ro? or classic?

I mean based on Rogeans post did it even seem like there was going to be a temple of sol ro patch, now that I mention it?

Well, either way, is the staff of the wheel sol ro? I think not, the staff of the temperate flux was maybe? God idk, I've never played a wizard.

If the staff of the wheel quest is around, an enchanter can do that whenever they get Invis and ITU so at a pretty low level. Which would mean they have access to a insta clicky star of eyes as soon as they want to basically.

@loramin btw check this out, what a perfect post to illustrate why I'm so dang concerned about dates and stuff on items/quests and npcs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's the the thing: we already know a lot about this. We know zones come out in eras: of course that's true for Kunark/Velious, but it's also true for the Hole and VP, or the multiple revamps in Chardok 2.0. And we also know that spells, items, NPCs ... all the wiki content, mostly gets introduced in those same eras. You get your new spell or item by killing the new mob in the new zone, all of which came out together.

That's our knowns, but we have known unknowns: we know some (?) amount of stuff didn't come out with era patches, because some came out after. Someone who knows this well, a "ClassicQuester" could tell us ... Bueller? Bueller?

But even the ClassicQuesters don't know Nilbog's brain. Even if an item did come out in a patch two weeks after the Warrens was released, Nilbog might release that item with the Warrens patch here.

So we have Ifs.

If it turns out that Nilbog's way of releasing results in most things in the wiki coming out in eras, and only a few outliers, I think our best bet is just to manually note as much on certain pages.

If on the other hand there are some big "chunks" of content, like a whole bunch of new stuff that came halfway between release and Kunark, then I think we need to add more eras.

If it turns out eras only cover like 80% of stuff and 20% just isn't tied to any existing era or any we can create (because there's just too many), then I think we need a patch-based system to cover that 20%. It will be a giant PITA, but if that's really the case I think you'll want to be able to go to a sword/spell/dragon/whatever and see "this will be out in patch #19"

The reason I'm not jumping to any one solution is that I'm waiting either for A) more knowledgeable (ClassicQuester) folks to speak up, or B) Nilbog to get explicit about some of these details (who knows, he could pop into this thread and give us clues!), or C) Green to come out and we learn them that way.

Old 09-18-2019, 10:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If on the other hand there are some big "chunks" of content, like a whole bunch of new stuff that came halfway between release and Kunark, then I think we need to add more eras.
For the sake of clarification would you consider 8 line items on this timeline 8 chunks of content? http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:EQLive_Timeline

Nilbogs announcement is slightly different. And leaves room for additions (I mean there were like 1 patch a day for months and months and things wer changing a lot, I wonder if there is a file cabinet somewhere with all those somewhere in a warehouse somehere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )

* January 2020: Plane of Fear
* April 2020: Plane of Hate
* May 2020: Temple of Solusek Ro opens / Legacy items cease to drop
* August 2020: Plane of Sky
* November 2020: Ruins of Kunark
* April 2021: Epics
* July 2021: Scars of Velious
* The above list is not exhaustive; each month will have unlocks of patches from March 1999 to December 2001.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:29 PM
Planar Protector

I want to see Rogean hit a switch one day and all the Stein of Moggoks change form lanterns into cups!

That's my wish.
Old 09-18-2019, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

whoah momma just found this gem from 2002 http://web.archive.org/web/200202050...om/patches.asp

Patches of 1999
December 21 December 14
December 8 December 1
October 13 September 28
September 22 September 13

Is this helpful?

(dont forget to click the click here for details on some of these, they expand to a lot of awesome details)
Old 09-18-2019, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

Dec 8th: The screaming terror bug causing 20 second full stuns has been fixed, and a tad-late announcement about guards being buffed up has finally come forth.

I want to exploit this feature for 9 months [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=56203

notice in this thread nilbog knows that the gypsy GLS quest will not be in the game for 2 months. oh no.
Old 09-19-2019, 12:11 AM
Planar Protector

Some of these patch notes are amazing, I feel like it's 1999 again.

September 13, 1999

PATCH DAY

Here is the latest patch news:

Bug Fixes:

Players levitating should be easier for other PCs to see.
When charmed/feared and killed players should not be returned to the character selection screen.
Lore items in containers that are dropped should not be destroyed.
Charged items, such as the Staff of the Observers, should correctly report the number of charges remaining after zoning.
Corpses should remain lootable even if a player goes linkdead while looting
A player under the effect of charm or fear can no longer open their spellbook or sit in order to escape the effects of these spells.
A player using online help should no longer be locked into the help screen if another party initiates a trade.
Non-melee items equipped in weapon slots should no longer mutate if the pc is charmed.
Extremely large NPCs, ie Vox, should not suicide when stuck.

New emotes:

Here is a list of new emotes that have been added to the game: agree, amaze, apologize, applaud, plead, bite, bleed, blink, blush, boggle, bonk, bored, brb, burp, bye, cackle, calm, clap, comfort, congratulate, cough, cringe, curious, dance, drool , duck, eye, gasp, giggle, glare, grin , groan, grovel, happy, hungry, introduce, jk (just kidding) , kneel, lost, massage, moan, mourn , peer, point, ponder, puzzle, raise, ready, roar, salute, shiver, shrug, sigh, smirk, snarl, snicker, stare, tap, tease, thank, thirsty, veto, welcome, whine, whistle, yawn

PVP Changes: [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In order to make PVP combat between spellcasters and melee types more viable some changes to PVP spell effects have been made. All damage spells cast in PVP combat will do less damage to the PC than the same spell would do to an NPC. When a PC is under the effect of a root-type spell there is a 20% chance that they will break free when a direct damage spell is cast upon them.

Spell Changes:

Levitate: All players may now cancel this effect.
Paralyzing Earth now Wizard and Necromancer useable.
The Mana cost on some Magician damage shields has been slightly reduced
Alter Plane: Hate and Alter Plane: Sky have been changed into higher level spells.
Succor: Ro (Druid) is now a level 39 spell (previously a typo as a level 49 spell)
Curse of the Simple Mind (Enchanter) now lowers both Int AND Wis.
Selo`s Consonant Chain (Bard) should now work better.
Shadow Vortex (Necro) is more effective.
Screaming Terror is now an all or nothing save. This should stop the 'train' problems that it was causing.
Gravity Flux will now research correctly for Wizards.
Lich and Bond of Death are now researchable for Necromancers check your tomes.
The different types of Words of Collection and Words of Acquisition are now more easily identifiable.
Dead Man Walking (Necromancer) has been renamed Dead Man Floating
Ignite Bones (Necromancer) has had the movement component removed. This means that it will no longer break root and snare spells, and that it will now stack with the darkness line.
Syvelian`s Anti-Magic Aria (Bard) has been fixed.
A bug in some of the AoE code has been fixed. AoE spells will now effect more monsters.
Some Magician Summoned items are now lore items. Items that have turned lore have had other small benefits added to them.
Dance of the Fireflies (Druid) has been changed from Divination to Conjuration.
Rangers have gained the spell Dance of the Fireflies (level 15)
High Level Enchanter Illusion spells have had the remainder of their effects implemented.
Magi research components have been added to more monsters throughout the world.
There is a new pet command: /pet taunt and /pet notaunt.
Pets default to /pet taunt
The Rods for the Ice Comet quests will now pop much more often.
Envenomed Breath (Shaman) has had its damage raised slightly.
Scourge (Necromancer and Shaman) has had its damage raised slightly.
Enchantment of Light and Enchantment of Brilliance (Enchanter) have been replaced by new enchantment spells. These spells have been added to a hidden vendor somewhere in the game.
New quests for Necromancers to research their pets have been added

Pets:

High level pets (44th and 49th lvl spells) do less damage
Pets will now navigate some outdoor and dungeon areas better

DoT Changes:

If the monster is in melee with you, there is no change to how a DoT spell works.
If the monster is running away from you (fear, wounded, etc.), there is no change to how a DoT spell works.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] If the monster is moving when the damage from the DoT is applied (happens every few seconds), it will take 66% of the damage that it would have taken. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DoT spells have all had their duration slightly increased. If the monster moves for 18 seconds during a fight, it will take as much damage from the DoT as it would before the patch. If the monster moves for less then 18 seconds during a fight, your DoT will do more damage then it would have done before the patch. If the monster moves more then 18 seconds during the fight, it will take less damage then it would have before the patch.

Now loramin, bear with me, but hwo cool would it be if you go to the levitate page, and see the patch history for levitate and find out that prior to September 13th 1999 you couldnt click off this buff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread