Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 02:09 AM
Planar Protector

Default Lanseax loot rights farm

I want to talk about an exciting opportunity for those pet casters that trail blaze mere mortal melee on greens release.

The Lanseax Quest offers a weapon which is reliably attainable, and has a magic ratio far outstripping what you would otherwise expect for the level.

When I started playing Everquest on the Kunark release, I remember a stream of people constantly running this quest.

My suggestion to you, oh mighty magi, is to harness this stream of young warriors desperate for a non-awful ratio weapon and shake them down for all their worth in exchange for killing Paglan or Basil (sell the loot rights to their heads).7

If you make this a thing, every warrior starting in eastern Antonica (and some of those who don't, but create a barbarian alt to do the hand ins for them) will be wanting to pay for your assistance. Think of the gold and silver you'll be reaming in!

Just find your own xp or plat camp close to the farm and you'll be golden!
Old 09-25-2019, 09:09 AM
Sarnak

I was really hoping to find a Barbarian warrior to buddy up with on my gnome warrior so we could complete the quest together around level 20-23. From what I can tell, the quest is really difficult to solo, so it was going to be this "I help you, then you help me" sort of thing where I help him complete the quest twice or more until we both get some nice weapons.

I've never done the quest before, so I'm not sure what the most efficient path is to completing it multiple times. I admit that I'm a noob to EQ questing in general... in fact, I didn't realize you could skip the pre-quests for Red V Clockwork and just hand the completed black box in to instantly complete the quest. Super weird, haha.

I'm mainly looking at the two-hander. Dual wield is basically trash until around level 40 when it starts proccing reasonably often, so a weapon with a hefty 0.43 ratio and stats (https://wiki.project1999.com/Langseax_of_the_Wolves) is going to be amazing for DPS and aggro until I can get my hands on something like Axe of the Slayers, Ykesha weapons, etc.
Last edited by Soothsayer; 09-25-2019 at 09:11 AM..
Old 09-25-2019, 10:02 AM
Fire Giant

Haha banker is one of the factions you tank doing the quest. Great design [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-25-2019, 10:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha banker is one of the factions you tank doing the quest. Great design [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Typical unforgiving EQ, I suppose. What's really ridiculous is that the banker wants to kill you on sight (not just snub his nose) and that the guards will come to his defense to add insult to injury. Dubious game design in retrospect, but that's kind of what gives classic EQ its charm, haha.
Old 09-25-2019, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're a Barbarian (doing this quest "properly"), you've undoubtedly turned in a million ice goblin necklaces, gnoll fangs, etc. long before you reached the level to do this quest. You're the hometown hero of Halas, so even when you do something to piss the rogues off, they won't attack you because they're like "yeah he's a douche, but he's our douche".

It's only if you show up out of nowhere and start pissing the Rogues off without getting them to like you first that you have issues. Really I think EQ should have more quests like this: ones with good rewards, but that piss someone off.

RPGs (and life) are all about people making trade-offs to get what they want ... and in life you can't just fix things by ripping the teeth out of the jaws of dog men [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread