Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 04:34 AM
Banned

Cool Rip p99 you had a good run.

400 online after merge.

Most of u were boxing. #notmyclassic.

Nothing will rival blue or red release. I was 16 when original eq came out. Most people here are pushing 40.

Are we having fun yet?

In other mmo communities I play on anything less then sub 1k pop 24/7 is consider dead or dying. Pre merge both servers were healthy. I'm gone for the weekend haven't played since Thursday.

Can't wait to see how this pans out. TBH I don't see myself playing in 2021.

I came for the fresh. I'm gonna be a social player but I don't see this project holding up much longer.

We had a good run boys

Time to be a dad

PS yes when I do quit before kunark release you can have my stuff.

Have all ready done it all and had a blast here. Killed all the dragons. Woke the sleeper. All my alts got epic's.

Now I'm here for the popcorn and to report all the stupidly name violations I see in ec tunnel.
Last edited by silo32; 01-20-2020 at 04:39 AM..
Old 01-20-2020, 04:43 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I don't understand why so many people are upset about the servers being merged, the only reason they opened Teal (as far as I'm aware) was to temporarily help with overpopulation of low level areas - which isn't a problem any more.

I think it's nice to have everyone back on one server again.
Old 01-20-2020, 04:55 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pelerin1182 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand why so many people are upset about the servers being merged, the only reason they opened Teal (as far as I'm aware) was to temporarily help with overpopulation of low level areas - which isn't a problem any more.

I think it's nice to have everyone back on one server again.
Not a chance. I'll tell you exactly why I'm pissed. I have no desire to play the game the way the people who were bitching and want the servers merged, want to force everyone to play the game. Combined with the cult-like mentality of saying "it's not classic" when the server is clearly not classic not at all.

The dev team and certain loud voices on the forums made it perfectly clear they don't care if we're happy and they don't care if it's actually classic as long as it makes them happy. Maybe there will be enough of them to form a viable community. I got to be honest though I think it'd be really funny if none of the servers ever top 400 again and the number of players just dwindles off till the whole thing dies. I don't want to see that I'd love to see some other solution where more people are happy there's a Vibrant Community in the games worth playing but that's not the case.

I deeply miss what it was, I don't at all miss what it's become, and unless something changes I never will. But hey I'm just one guy all those hundreds and hundreds of people are going to come rushing back any minute now right? /snicker
Old 01-20-2020, 05:11 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malikail [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not a chance. I'll tell you exactly why I'm pissed. I have no desire to play the game the way the people who were bitching and want the servers merged, want to force everyone to play the game. Combined with the cult-like mentality of saying "it's not classic" when the server is clearly not classic not at all.

The dev team and certain loud voices on the forums made it perfectly clear they don't care if we're happy and they don't care if it's actually classic as long as it makes them happy. Maybe there will be enough of them to form a viable community. I got to be honest though I think it'd be really funny if none of the servers ever top 400 again and the number of players just dwindles off till the whole thing dies. I don't want to see that I'd love to see some other solution where more people are happy there's a Vibrant Community in the games worth playing but that's not the case.

I deeply miss what it was, I don't at all miss what it's become, and unless something changes I never will. But hey I'm just one guy all those hundreds and hundreds of people are going to come rushing back any minute now right? /snicker
How is anyone forcing you to play the game any way other than what you want?

How does Green and Teal being merged make any difference to that?

It's sad that you'd enjoy seeing something that's been created by volunteers and free to enjoy by anyone "dwindle away and die".

There were 1200 people playing on Green earlier, I imagine most of whom were having a good time - I was.

I still don't understand why the merge has made so many people upset.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
400 online after merge.

Most of u were boxing. #notmyclassic.

Nothing will rival blue or red release. I was 16 when original eq came out. Most people here are pushing 40.

Are we having fun yet?

In other mmo communities I play on anything less then sub 1k pop 24/7 is consider dead or dying. Pre merge both servers were healthy. I'm gone for the weekend haven't played since Thursday.

Can't wait to see how this pans out. TBH I don't see myself playing in 2021.

I came for the fresh. I'm gonna be a social player but I don't see this project holding up much longer.

We had a good run boys

Time to be a dad

PS yes when I do quit before kunark release you can have my stuff.

Have all ready done it all and had a blast here. Killed all the dragons. Woke the sleeper. All my alts got epic's.

Now I'm here for the popcorn and to report all the stupidly name violations I see in ec tunnel.
You obviously weren’t around for Blue’s launch or early years, so why are you pretending you were? We were ecstatic to hit 300 players when Blue was new.

Green had 1200 today.

This project has endured ten years through all sorts of eras and changes, and it’s been a blast the whole way. You are obviously not content with p99 however, so instead of constantly spewing this crap all over the forums, can you please just move on?
Last edited by Hagglebaron; 01-20-2020 at 05:24 AM..
Old 01-20-2020, 05:30 AM
Planar Protector

I would have preferred for the servers to stay split a bit longer, but I'll play green and I'm sure I'll enjoy it too. All the quitters are doing the rest of us the service of bringing green down to a more sustainable population. Thanks, OP!
Old 01-20-2020, 05:40 AM
Banned

Wink

Entertaining troll post, OP. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-20-2020, 05:43 AM
Kobold

"I didnt get my legacy items so im mad"

Basically all the complainers
Old 01-20-2020, 05:43 AM
Kobold

OP is way, way too immersed.

Seek help.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would have preferred for the servers to stay split a bit longer, but I'll play green and I'm sure I'll enjoy it too. All the quitters are doing the rest of us the service of bringing green down to a more sustainable population. Thanks, OP!
Same here. Must admit Green is somewhat tainted for me by the experience of the first few days - when things were so overcrowded people were camping decaying skeleton spawn points and there were >70 people in Nek Forest.

I think the problem is that the Teal/Green communities and economies were naturally diverging, so although it's painful, doing the merge sooner rather than later will be the least amount of pain in the long run. I'm thankful that we got Teal at all really.
Closed Thread