Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Project Manager

Default Boat routes and issues

In an effort to improve transportation stability, I want to examine the boat system. It would be nice to have one thread outlining all issues involving the boats so they can be handled in one area.

Initially creating boat routes, not all of them were 100% accurate.

Should there be an additional boat in the Ocean of Tears route? What about the Qeynos route?

There are also issues involving boats colliding which can move a player from one boat to another sending them in opposite directions. Where does this happen? Why shouldn't it happen?

I've seen some maps depicting exact boat routes. Can these be posted and agreed upon?

I hope a system can be created that everyone agrees with and has the least amount of bugs possible.

Do you know of other issues with boats? Discuss.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Orc

To answer your question about the boat problem, I just got off trying to get from Qeynos to Erudin and then back again.

1st Trip, the boats collided right between the Qeynos zone in and Kerra Isle. I got forcibly transferred over to the other boat and sent back to Qeynos.

2nd Trip, I made it to Erudin using the trick someone posted on the forum here. Something about Ninja Running. Got to Erudin after that, but the collison point was different this time, between Kerra Isle and Erudin Zone line.

3rd Trip, I tried to get back to Qeynos, boats collided, I tried to Ninja and failed. Sent back to Erudin. Collison point was between Erudin Zone and Kerra Dock.

4th Trip, I got to Kerra Isle but the boats collided after that and I got sent back to the island. When I got off at Kerra to wait for the boat to Qeynos, I saw the boat to Eruidin arrive a second time before the boat to Qeynos arrived. Then there was no collision on that boat.

Other odd thing of note was watching my wife last night. After she logged out on the shoreline under Qeynos docks, upon login she had a Fire Resistance increase and she was bouncing up and down with levitate like she was on the boat, but there were no buff symbols in her effects window. Logging out and back in again fixed this problem but the Fire Resistance was a bit more persistent. Before you ask, all she was wearing was her guild tunic, first headband and a few pieces of basic cloth armor so the effect didn't come from that.

Hope this helps, sorry I don't have specific /loc points for the collisions.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:25 PM
Aviak

For the past couple of weeks the pathing of the Erudin/Qeynos boats have been messed up. There's an unusual message when you zone into Erud's crossing from either direction, something like "large warp detected."

Then, earlier this week and last week, the boats collide not far into the zone, and the passengers are scraped off onto the outgoing boat, so the players wind up in the zone they came from, unless they manage to walk across the one boat to the other. This is not always accomplished. If you did manage to keep on the boat you started on, then you had to do the same thing again a second time after the docks leaving the zone.

However, on the 23rd of May, the collision point changed to the dock of Wisp Isle, and the crossing from the one boat to the other was much easier.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Sarnak

In the past I have also had the same problem with the queynos/erud boat. The two boats collide right around the kerra isle area, I remember on live there were more than one boat taking you to and from these areas making your boat trip last around 15 minutes instead of 30 ish minutes. The thing I can't remember is if the 2 boats with their staggered movement went on the same exact path like the p1999 boats do. It would seem on this server that both boats cross over the same exact location at some point causing the collision and that is the problem I don't know how to fix. Perhaps the boat paths need to be slightly tweaked to avoid the problem, I am no programmer, I am just going off what I personally remember. 2 boats in the same zone that didn't collide. What would it take to make this happen?
Last edited by deneauth; 05-25-2012 at 09:48 PM..
Old 05-25-2012, 09:50 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneauth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the past I have also had the same problem with the queynos/erud boat. The two boats collide right around the kerra isle area, I remember on live there were more than one boat taking you to and from these areas making your boat trip last around 15 minutes instead of 30 ish minutes. The thing I can't remember is if the 2 boats with their staggered movement went on the same exact path like the p1999 boats do. It would seem on this server that both boats cross over the same exact location at some point causing the collision and that is the problem I don't know how to fix. Perhaps the boat paths need to be slightly tweaked to avoid the problem, I am no programmer, I am just going off what I personally remember. 2 boats in the same zone that didn't collide. What would it take to make this happen?
My memory says that way back in the day on live server the Erudin to Qeynos boat didn't stop off at the isle whatsoever, but passed on the other side of the island from the docks. I could be misremembering things though.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:07 AM
Orc

Pretty sure you are but I do remember that the boats passed each other on route at about the places they are currently colliding. The paths took them parallel to each other within sight easily enough but not crossing over the exact points.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumble [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My memory says that way back in the day on live server the Erudin to Qeynos boat didn't stop off at the isle whatsoever, but passed on the other side of the island from the docks. I could be misremembering things though.
I do remember the boats passing by each other heading in opposite directions, but I do specifically remember them stopping at the island as well, just not at the same time and the same location. Others please chime in with any memories at all, anything you all can remember will help.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should there be an additional boat in the Ocean of Tears route?.
It's widely known that the OOT route had a second ship route added. The question is when. I do not recall exactly when this occured; however, archived versions of EQ-Atlas show the map having two separate ship routes before August 2000 as shown here: http://web.archive.org/web/200010131...s.com/oot.html Other archived portions of the same page suggest that the change was made even earlier, possibly during the pre-Kunark era. It can be considered a near-certainty that both routes were in place prior to Velious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about the Qeynos route?
I cannot find a specific map outline, but my own recollection is that a second ship was added at some point. The outbound and return routes were separate, as in OOT, with the ship(s) stopping at the island only on the outbound portion of the trip. Perhaps another poster can dig up the specifics.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 05-26-2012 at 07:46 AM..
Old 05-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Im new to the server and made an Erudite Necro...but every time I try to get to Qeynos its pretty much impossible. Any way to put some translocators in while the boats are broken? Makes it pretty much impossible for new players to enjoy the game when they are stranded in a newbie zone that has nothing to kill =/
Old 05-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Orc

Just did a little more research on the subject. Found this map on Everlore. Also, several other sites had roughly the same map....

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We may think there were 2 dock stops, one for either side but it doesn't appear so on any of the maps I found. If there is a dock on the other side of the island, chances are the boat is supposed to stop there, but if there is no dock...