Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2020, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quantify being able to snare fear root while sow-ing yourself. Of course you can't you ignorant F

Of course you can't retard, because you are too busy min maxing calculations and ignoring game tactics

So keep on inviting only ogre SKs Iksar Monks/Necros and Halfling Druids, any one else is a selfish bastard not able to calculate formulas as good as you you stupid F

Much better to play with someone who knows the game rather than a buttmuching wannabe
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 04-19-2020, 10:08 AM
Aviak

rangers are worth it if you have a warrior tank, ill root every single mob and trust me the rogues LOVE IT
Old 04-19-2020, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clerics will have more mana with a warrior and a warrior has better dps. Those are more important for xp then you getting an extra backstab or two
The damage mitigation that warriors have over knights is generally not as significant as the mana you save over not healing non-tanking classes that get agro. A knight can also split pulls with FD, root/calm. So they aren't going to be getting beat up by multiple mobs as much.

In any case I'm not advocating not grouping with anyone who can play their class.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 04-19-2020, 11:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paladin or SK (or Ranger until doing 51+ content) tank can make a bad group adequate and an adequate group good. But an excellent group of 5+ will achieve peak performance with a Warrior (hate to admit it, but true). Small group (4 or fewer) hybrid tank is the winner all day every day.

So hybrids on green are magnificent atm, if well played.

Baler, otoh, is an excellent solo troll, as many of the replies to this thread demonstrate.
My fav thing to do is small groups. I have mained a chanter, cleric and monk. Warriors are the best for ench/cler/tank trio unless you need splits then its monk of course. Sounds like you have some pally or sk main and are being biased and not actually speaking from xp.
Old 04-19-2020, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My fav thing to do is small groups. I have mained a chanter, cleric and monk. Warriors are the best for ench/cler/tank trio unless you need splits then its monk of course. Sounds like you have some pally or sk main and are being biased and not actually speaking from xp.
Knights are better for duos, such as shd with shm or rog and pal with nec, enc, or rog. Deepwater BP is underrated. Trios have more control and flexibility, making knight spells less needed.
Old 04-19-2020, 01:48 PM
Sarnak

Those duo and trio combos you mention are all worse then more ideal combos without hybrids and that is the point. Mnk/shm is better then sk/shm ect...
Old 04-19-2020, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Those duo and trio combos you mention are all worse then more ideal combos without hybrids and that is the point. Mnk/shm is better then sk/shm ect...
Figured clr/enc would have been used as the first example, but now that's not 100% correct either since the SoulFire change. Again, Deepwater Breastplate is underrated.

Shd can split multiple casters in dungeons better, casting fear out of aggro range, then snaring one of the adds and feigning, plus runes and lifetaps to counter damage spikes. Shd can stack dots along with shm if the target is particularly hard, and snare if root resists/target flees. Shm/shd both have decent pets at 60. Shd can pull a named through the zone aggro-free if all mobs in between are green. Shd can shadow step through locked entrances. Shd can pull with dispels, stripping mob buffs. Mnk needs heals against dmg shields, shd doesn't since already slow swings and has lifetap procs. With epic, heals are needed less especially once slow lands, freeing up the shm to load on more dots. Lvl 9 shd pet eats harm touches, shm could do the same with monk but then shm is pulling instead of canni dancing. Shd has IVU which eases movements in zones like the Hole and Lower Guk, etc.
Old 04-19-2020, 09:21 PM
Sarnak

Its been a while since I have farmed any plat camps but I don't remember SK's being involved much after invis pull got nerfed. All that stuff sounds fancy but I don't think it equals more xp or big plat drops. The dps from a monk out weighs all that stuff
Old 04-19-2020, 10:06 PM
Planar Protector

Lol Baler, you reeled in quite a few with this one.
Old 04-19-2020, 10:08 PM
Sarnak

You should reel in a 60
Closed Thread