Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2020, 03:32 PM
Aviak

I had kind of the same conundrum starting on Green. Said screw it, if I get in a raid guild great if not ok too. I did all that the first time through anyhow.

So I rolled a Necro. I'm travelling around, enjoying the sites, killing things I never did on Live for fear of screwing up some obscure faction for later on..

Just pick a class you like and run with it. The game is a lot more fun that way.

The Holy Trinity isn't the only way to get things done, even in Classic.
Old 05-09-2020, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Wizards because they dont suck and dont need their hands held by clerics, druids, shamans, and bards, unlike rogues.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ITT: lots of green caster-mains desperate to rewrite their future.
Sounds like someone doesn't understand caster dps owns melee in this timeline and wants to justify his rogue/monk dps.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:19 PM
Sarnak

Mage and wiz destroy rogue raid target dps in Kunark as well.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:12 PM
Sarnak

Wizard damage completely overwhelms Rogue. My first class on live was Wiz, second was Rogue.

Maybe later when a Rogue has his epic and is getting lucky high-damage double backstabs they can begin to compete with a Wiz.

Wiz damage simply owns Classic and Kunark.

Want to have a smooth raiding experience?
Bring lots of Wizards.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:15 PM
Planar Protector

Well yeah while every raid target is 32k HP, Wizards are king. Wizards still suck at damage for actual exp grouping in this timeline though.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 05-09-2020, 11:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well yeah while every raid target is 32k HP, Wizards are king. Wizards still suck at damage for actual exp grouping in this timeline though.
My manastone wizard says otherwise.
Old 05-10-2020, 02:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My manastone wizard says otherwise.
Good luck using that to level in kunark or in an relevant raids once expansion content drops. It'll be great to replenish mana for your hate port bot though.

Wizards are great dps now, but with all of this "wiz is better than rogue" talk you're pushing, I think you're forgetting how easy rogue epic is to complete. Level 55 for double backstab and epics dropping in late kunark will solidly push rogues ahead of wizards in any type of sustained fight. Sure you can blow you load and drop a trash mob, and then med for 10 mins while the rogue is putting out dps the entire time.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:43 AM
Planar Protector

Since you are starting off fresh...I HIGHLY recommend rogue.

It's the best lower level untwinked class in the game because of pickpocket at level 7. It opens up ability to make hundreds of platinum at level 7, which lets you self-fund getting some decent weapons and armor (thereby blasting you past other classes abilities).

You simply go to cities and pickpocket shields (after you have maxed your pickpocket ability on some lvl 1 gnoll or something in the corner). You might die a little bit (so get some buffer exp).... but the money is very worth it!

Kaladim and freeport shields sell for about 5pp each (and people hunt those guards, so you can usually swing past the cities and pick up a lot of cash fast, since they will be respawned).

Then being able to sneak down to dungeons and get rotting loots let you keep going in terms of moneys and adventure (or let you get your body and get to groups easily).

Rogues are also a bow class with a high bow cap (only 3 classes get that, warrior, ranger, and rogue). Which means if you get a runed oak bow (costs about 100-150pp) , it opens up a LOT of possibility to making more platinum early on (you can bow-kite giants starting as soon as you want....but less painful if you wait till 18-20ish).

You can also bow-kite most things if you need to... especially handy when Kunark comes or if you trying to kill Hadden early or get ancient cyclops alone. As a bow-class you can do this VERY early (earlier level than any other class, such as at level 20 to go camp hadden and get a fishbone earring if you want... just bring a lot of arrows and some sow potions).

As you get higher level then that will drop off in effectiveness for general exping (for EXP, probably good till 40 if you are doing giants).

Wizards can't really do any of this stuff....they have to take a more traditional rout to level and be more careful (along with being super poor from buying all them spells). They also can't leapfrog levels as easily to take down giant targets that the game doesn't want you to be able to kill (like giants to farm money in your early 20's).
Old 05-10-2020, 07:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good luck using that to level in kunark or in an relevant raids once expansion content drops. It'll be great to replenish mana for your hate port bot though.

Wizards are great dps now, but with all of this "wiz is better than rogue" talk you're pushing, I think you're forgetting how easy rogue epic is to complete. Level 55 for double backstab and epics dropping in late kunark will solidly push rogues ahead of wizards in any type of sustained fight. Sure you can blow you load and drop a trash mob, and then med for 10 mins while the rogue is putting out dps the entire time.
I'm not really concerned about group exp which is easy. I care about raid boss dps.

MS great in the hole and being a wiz it's easy to bind, port, gate to mana up as needed elsewhere just like happens on blue.
Last edited by turbosilk; 05-10-2020 at 07:18 AM..
Closed Thread