Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
May be news to you but leveling to 60 in the classic world was always the best due to classic mobs having less hp than kunark-velious mobs. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True if you rule out CoM and HS that offer a neverending supply of 45-ish melee mobs.

SolB, Guk, The Hole... all these places are mighty fine but are full of wizards, shamans, clerics and other annoying classes to kill.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depends on the class. bards, necros, and druids, for instance would have a pretty strong incentive to headout and spend the majorty if not all their time in kunark. Enchanters, too, since they are often only capped in their kill rate by available mobs to engage. To some degree mages are the same, and as they hit 40+ it's harder and harder to find single targets from them to mow down. Wizards will have many more places to quad, but it really comes down to how camped old world places are for wizrads/mages 50+. And these are all just purely for exp considerations, excluding loot. For example shaman will certainly want to try to get to camps in their mid to late 50s where they have at least a prayer of getting torpor, even if the exp is bad. Though this is technically outside of the bounds of what you were mentioning, I think the compelling force here is so high it needs to be considered a fundamental part of the class. Shaman is virtually a different class when it has torpor.
For Druid quadding a long time ago I spent only a few levels in Kunark at the FM giant fort from like 34-38. Then went BB, to TD, to Velious.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The people who have been going hard since server launch have hoards of plat and don't need manastones because they already have them. Nobody with 200k plus plat is gonna wake up and say "hmmm....ya know what? I should really buy a Manastone right now, and ---actually--- pay 200k for one"

The price of farmable Classic gear has plummeted. Top priced 22-min drops sell for pretty much 8k max. The market is saturated. For someone new to the server to farm 200k plat? Nevermind buying gear he already needs?
Lol, right? If I have 200k in my bank at this present time and we assume a good farming rate it means that around the time I had 100k Manastones were selling for that or less. I don't need another one, I'm saving for fungis and mqs.

Rubicite was a huge moneymaker. Those 5 camps are now gone which is like a 30% reduction for camps of that tier. Of the remaining camps maybe half the items are holding their value but the rest have plunged. The First Platinum Age is over and the second one won't begin until Kunark.

Still, there are some mid-tier farmers on slower curves so I expect some Manastone sales to be always taking place as these people make their bank. I think the stone market is saturated though - we have to remember this situation is not classic and the stones are not as rare as they would be because of the silly Teal instance idea where people were farming gear simultaneously on both servers.
Old 05-22-2020, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For Druid quadding a long time ago I spent only a few levels in Kunark at the FM giant fort from like 34-38. Then went BB, to TD, to Velious.
Charming is more effective than quadding for exp, unless you lack a decent charm location. charming is also more effective when more players are around than attempting to quad. if the server is heavily populated like green, too, it's highly likely people won't be respecting your quad camps. People being around your camps is the real wildcard to that will determine what is the best exp. It's hard to accurately predict anything without knowing. You'd have to either ignore it, in which case a lot of old world spots become better, or assume a lot of people will be around (most likely scenario) and then kunark looks far more appealing.
Old 05-22-2020, 02:55 PM
Sarnak

People have been selling manastones.
Old 05-22-2020, 04:09 PM
Orc

I imagine some guilds might purchase them for powerleveling purposes. But individuals? Probably not
Old 05-23-2020, 01:35 AM
Planar Protector

You know what woulda been cool, if green had some sort of data tracking that would like, at the end of the year tell us how much plat was made, when, where, by who, from what mobs at what rate and with heat maps for like time's/zones/camps and all the other whatever data things that my lizard brain doesn't understand.

I'm curious at a cost between 100 & 200(+?)k, how many can be bought before kunark? Velious?
Old 05-23-2020, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Tuljin with the same "pplz has the dkpz, mean pplz no haz platz" argument. Ugh.

Phinny raid takes 30 minutes tops. Fear 1 day a week, Hate 1 day a week. What are raiders doing the rest of the time? What are non-raid guild people doing to get good items they can't get since they don't raid? That's right, farming dat plat.

Fact: 30kpp+/day flows in through HG camp alone. The server is flooded with filthy plat and will continue to be since this dirty bathtub has no drain.

Quote:
By the time anyone has the plat to buy it will be a useless item that doesnt work in the new zones everyone is now in haha kinda ironic
Invaluable item for wiz / dru, if you know how to use it. Video incoming this before June to show what most people just don't know. Stay tuned.
Old 05-23-2020, 02:33 PM
Kobold

blue functioned just fine without all these lame manastones floating around. i say make them all no drop. or perhaps even remove them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-23-2020, 04:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tuljin with the same "pplz has the dkpz, mean pplz no haz platz" argument. Ugh.

Phinny raid takes 30 minutes tops. Fear 1 day a week, Hate 1 day a week. What are raiders doing the rest of the time? What are non-raid guild people doing to get good items they can't get since they don't raid? That's right, farming dat plat.

Fact: 30kpp+/day flows in through HG camp alone. The server is flooded with filthy plat and will continue to be since this dirty bathtub has no drain.

Invaluable item for wiz / dru, if you know how to use it. Video incoming this before June to show what most people just don't know. Stay tuned.
Dude lol, as if I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about. Unlike the ~~~rAiDeRz~~~ I actually brush shoulders with the hoi polloi. People who have money don't need manastones, and they certainly aren't gonna pay what people want if they do have it. Basic economics man.

And dude again....people are farming - - - - DKP. Camping green mobs for DKP, doing dumb shit for DKP. No DKP I don't go. That's the whole point man. That's the whole issue with DKP and its an inherently adversarial system. It is a "good" solution from many angles but it creates an environment where people don't get DKP they don't go do shit. ~~~rAiD~~~ guilds are full of nubs man. The nubs aren't farming. The farmers have made their plat and keep stacking it, and they also went and camped their manastone. Anybody new to the server is playing serious catchup. 200k is a massive amount of plat to stack. This is a fact.

Still waiting on that 200k sale. I'm not the one sitting here running my mouth about how much its "worth" when nobody is paying the money for it, and nobody will. People with money lowball people all the time, just like you do dude. Same nerds at the same game. And that's fine. When it does sell for 200k, 200k won't be worth "200k" lol. Gonna talk like I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about man lol absolutely ludicrous

<The A-Team>
Last edited by Tuljin; 05-23-2020 at 04:34 PM..
Closed Thread