Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 06:53 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It might not be super efficient into late 20s or early 30s, you can briefly tank for your pet with a DS on while nuking down an add if you get 2 mobs. AE them if you have 2 or 3 for extra fun. This works better with 55hp rings and high level hp buffs. You can can regen back your hp with the phantom armor hp regen line or pay someone for regen/buffs etc.

Level 44+, you can do wonders 1vs1 with chain summoning fire pet w focus torch(once SolRo is released). With torch, you can probably chain summon fire pet at 39 too. Make sure you specialize in conjuration and keep backing off the new pet or don't get aggro/attacked until the new fire pet casts it's self DS. You'll have to have a dead pet and nuke to get full exp if you're soloing. Duo as much as possible to not have to worry about nuking and get the best results. Group with a ranged dps class preferably or anybody who won't take aggro from your fire pet.
Ohh, I might not have been clear but I actually was looking forward to nuking the mobs while my pet attacks them. ^^; Seems that's not at all how Magician plays.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Shaman is a much better soloer in classic and the gap only gets wider. Also if you roll Cazic Thule shaman you get. https://wiki.project1999.com/Initiat...of_Cazic_Thule This silly item will let you interrupt any undead caster even if it’s rooted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-20-2020, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

Shaman is a significantly more versatile class.

Most importantly they can go into dungeons and mages basically cant.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

Shaman
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 02-21-2020, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by IriBlair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ohh, I might not have been clear but I actually was looking forward to nuking the mobs while my pet attacks them. ^^; Seems that's not at all how Magician plays.
You absolutely can (and even should) play that way, sometimes. Really I don't think any class (certainly not Mage or Shaman) plays the exact same way, most efficiently, against all different mob types at all levels.

For mages it comes down to things like "did you just get a new pet? are you fighting one mob every so often (eg. an SK spire) or clearing an area (eg. Shralok orcs)? are the mobs glass cannons (low HP/high damage) or tanks? etc."

You'll want to get a max level pet, buff and equip it, and then keep it, using it to kill as much as you can while throwing nukes in the middle ... some of the time. Say, when clearing an area with a fair number of not super-hard mobs, and you just got a new pet spell so it wrecks them.

But if you're doing harder stuff, or one mob every so often with time to med, or you're on your last level before getting a new pet, you'll probably instead want to chain. And then in general the higher level you get, chaining tends to be the more efficient option (although even then it varies).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread