Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 03-19-2022, 01:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How could he continue to use bot if already banned, genius?

You got holes in your ears?
Because it's hard to make a new account and continue? Bans are account based not IP based

Thanks for asking tho
Old 03-19-2022, 01:47 AM
Kobold

Or like previously mentioned he took the SS for quick reference
Old 03-19-2022, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If P99 staff ever wonders how their servers ended up in the places they are, ie either dead (red) or just sheer and utter toxicity (blue/green), they need to look in the mirror

You make the bed that you sleep in, folks.

There's a good reason that so many are abandoning P99 for other projects like TAKP.

The culture of toxicity drips down from the top.

These days, the extent of my playtime on p99 servers is just "ninja buffing" I keep a chanter, druid and shaman logged out in strategic places, then I do /who all 10 20, or 20 40, then i invis and randomly show up at their camp, buff and leave.

You know how when your solo or group is struggling to keep going, and then some high level shows up unannounced with their buffs? That "OHH ITS ON NOW" feeling? providing that service is the only enjoyment I can find on P99 anymore.

Everquest is stuck in my brain, it imprinted itself on my young developing mind, and its still here, its been years since i was in a raiding guild, they sucked any fun out of P99 raiding. There is no point to even try when "raiding" becomes a full time occupation, I got my shits of the corporate world and retired young. I ain't putting in 50 hours a week for pixels. I play golf, I go fishing, I maintain my boat.

Devs:
When you created a sandbox that requires 50 to 70+ hours a week to make any meaningful progress, you filtered out all of the "normal, well balanced" people and you were left with the home-bound, incel type players who hate their sheer existence, and project their angst upon the rest of the server.

It saddens me to remember the bright and limitless potential that the Project had back in 2007. BEFORE NILBOG STOLE IT FROM YEAHLIGHT, (see eqclassic.org) then ran off and made his own sandbox because Yeahlight refused to release an unfinished server.

You wanna know why so many basics including but not limited to boats, doors and mage bolts work so well? that was a guy named Yeahlight. He doesn't care anymore, he started his own business and is raking in millions.

So as you can see, this project was tainted from its beginning. The very concept of "Project 1999" was born of treachery and dishonesty, and it has shown through, time and time again.
Nice of you to buff but what groups on P99 struggle to keep going? Literally ever group is pulling and killing at Mach speed
Old 03-19-2022, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Out of curiosity is it actually true that laptop track pads get disabled when using keyboard keys? Is there not a setting on the laptop to change that if you want to?

Just curious because if you can’t turn that situation off then perhaps there is an argument for using a different boxing test
Old 03-19-2022, 12:42 PM
Banned

I played quake with a laptop pad and wasd on a Dell from like 2000 sooooo ya I don't see y u couldn't.
Old 03-19-2022, 01:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a "friend" who wrote me a script to run figure eights.

It works stunningly well.

Proof for the nonbelievers.

https://youtu.be/xvFZjo5PgG0
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-19-2022, 01:51 PM
Kobold

Kittens has just lost all of their honor here. Arvan should delevel to level 20 and restrict himself to old world zones and Spasepope should delete his character. Kittens should have to change their name to <Can't Even Cheat Well> for at least six months until they can fully unroot the massive cheating syndicate located within their ranks. Also limit themselves to 1 group mobs like KDT and Vilefang until order is restored.
Old 03-19-2022, 01:55 PM
Banned

When people take themselves way too seriously.
Old 03-19-2022, 03:11 PM
Skeleton

When attempting to determine if someone is boxing, would the very first thing a GM checks be the IP addresses? (I would think so?)

Would that mean that the mysterious unknown guildie was at the same location as you?

Hard to believe you are still trying to peddle your lies 15 pages deep hahahaha
Old 03-19-2022, 03:31 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Out of curiosity is it actually true that laptop track pads get disabled when using keyboard keys? Is there not a setting on the laptop to change that if you want to?

Just curious because if you can’t turn that situation off then perhaps there is an argument for using a different boxing test
Yes. This is a modern feature on most laptops/operating systems to prevent accidental clicks.

https://superuser.com/questions/3993...n-the-keyboard

https://superuser.com/questions/6444...ling-palmcheck

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...d-3f651dcd55d4

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...6-d80b3ad1617c

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...0/td-p/5370155

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...g/td-p/5428585