Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 06:28 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People: "I agree with the team, the software should behave as similarly to the original game as they can get it"

OP Types: "SO WHY DON'T YOU USE A 28.8 MODEM AND A CRT MONITOR SMART GUY??????"

Regular People: "...."
Lol I think I still have my old windows 95 pentium PC, tricked out with an NVIDIA NV1 graphics card/Viewtronic 100 pound CRT, original PS/2 rubber ball light wheel mouse, add-on sound blaster card and might even have a ventrilo server i could boot up and use with a crappy headset with 1 speaker on the side (oh wait that was Luclin era) never mind on vent/headset.

Unfortunately, while I still have my Usrobotics 56k modem, I no longer have a phone line in my house to plug it into :/ -- though you can simulate the connection issues by using an old 10base-t network and a bad terminating resistor to slow it down a bit.

--
But more seriously, while I am personally ok with these changes to get the full on classic experience, I had been pushing this to friends - who mostly signed on to play for their first time ever - only to say their not so hot on the idea now that the QoL features are being nerfed. So I am sad about that, but like I said, it won't stop me from playing anyway.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:17 PM
Fire Giant

Only barged in to say no on mentioned the awesome Monkly Business website back in the day, only place I spent hours trying to figure out how to make my monk the "best" and be "leet"
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 10-01-2019, 07:20 PM
Sarnak

eqnecro.com!
Old 10-01-2019, 07:26 PM
Fire Giant

Honestly, I'll be MORE than happy with whatever "version of Classic" we end up getting. I love the IDEA of all this super-old-school stuff (blind-book-medding, massive hybrid penalties, etc etc etc) but those are some majorly rose-tinted glasses right there!

I'd simply be lying to myself if I said that stuff wouldn't get old in about a DAY worth of playing.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:44 PM
Sarnak

Back in the day I used eqclerics, druidsgrove, eqmaps, ect. So to say wiki isn't classic is just not accurate. I used internet cheats back then so to use wiki is the same result with a different url.

The big difference for me is that I don't have a super crappy computer with a dialup modem hooked to my phone line. So not seeing this on my screen is truly not classic:

YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 10-01-2019, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

Fully intend to lobotomize myself October 24th so I don't spoil my Classic experience by utilizing my foul hax memory.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shourty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP probably got a chuckle out of the responses.
Yup.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

On the day Kunark goes live, one out ten players will not be able to play for up to one week. This simulates shipping difficulties with the original Kunark CDs.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:09 AM
Planar Protector

The thing is this probect has been going for ten years.

This was plenty of time to make a baby and have it grow up to be the dumb, impressionable kid you were when you first started eq.

I vote we all get our EQ virgin kids to play in place of us so they can have a truely classic experience.

They'll all probably hand in their pvp books and think its a GoT skinned fortnite!
Old 10-02-2019, 07:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They'll all probably hand in their pvp books and think its a GoT skinned fortnite!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread