Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2020, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Default The Power of Bone Knights!! (With Data!!)

Haillos fine fellows, I ams Palabin the Bone Knight of Ak'anon, saviour of undeath ands champion of battle.

Recently I gots myself some fine bone science tools, allowins me to dives more into the power of bone knights! For, ups till now, I knew I hads pretty good magics... but my sciences is revealin is even greater than I thoughts!!

"Whats is a bone knight?!" you may be askins. Is question I gets a lot, so to starts I tell you abouts this mysterious ands amazin new class!

Well, bone knights is lot like shadow knights, only strongers in bone magic (some peoples say we is necromancers, them peoples is bananas!)

But, like them shadow knights...we prefers to fight in melees for a lot of things, and works to get top notch armors allowins us to tanks pretty ok (I gots about 650 AC when I buff up). Using vampiric embrace (does 62 lifetap proc at 50!) and banshee aura and other melee sort of magics.

ANYHOW! That's what I ams, so let's gets to the data of the TRUE POWER OF BONE KNIGHTS!!

I were raidins in the plane o hate today... savins mine fine fellows, and did some tests.

All of these tests was dones with melee only (alongside my trusties mr bones). When I fights fully, usually I gots a dot that does 80 damage a ticks goin constantly to keeps me healthy (usually when I'm alones).

Also, my mr bones was the weakest of all the bones I can summons!! So... long story short... bone knights upper power is even higher than this... as sustained melee DPS! Is against undead mostly (which is why a bit higher thans normal), but a couple of thems was against a non-undead (and still hits over 60DPS).

For some reference, Snagasson is a rogue!! With some fine weapons!

((Also if you is wonderins, there were 2 charmed abhorrents...so it combines their damage into one))

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Now everyone knows the powers of bone knights!! You can'ts argue with all them science!!
Last edited by Ivory; 09-16-2020 at 01:35 PM..
Old 09-16-2020, 02:05 PM
Sarnak

Weell nou, I aint no science denyer, but thems a lot of numerologicaly calculated numbers there and I aint sayen you conjered no falsificating unfactoids either, but, huh?
Old 09-16-2020, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Me attempt to read parsing thread in a JarJar Binks voice.

Me hard pass.

<3 parsing, </3 JarJar.
Old 09-16-2020, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

Interesting. 2 questions:

1. Why is "pets" plural? Did they associate more than one pet with you?
2. The pet names I see on the list... were those Mage pets? Which one was yours?

3. Lynuga remembers...
Old 09-16-2020, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting. 2 questions:

1. Why is "pets" plural? Did they associate more than one pet with you?
2. The pet names I see on the list... were those Mage pets? Which one was yours?
It just does them plural. It's just one pet they combinins with me (you set it to link to you, so its dps vanishes from the list to combine)

Quote:
3. Lynuga remembers...
It never happends!!! I beins framed!!

Quote:
</3 JarJar.
JarJar does "mesa"! Gnomes never says such things!
Old 09-16-2020, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Here is more evidence of bone knight power! This was a battle againsts a fine fire giant. So no undead staff bein used. Just gnome and bone power.

Last edited by Ivory; 09-16-2020 at 03:19 PM..
Old 09-16-2020, 04:29 PM
Sarnak

Lightbulb

Very interesting.
Old 09-16-2020, 05:22 PM
Sarnak

Are you trying to stack ac and dex? Is it feasible to level this way, or does it require some endgame items to follow the path of the bone knight?
Old 09-16-2020, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

What melee weapon were you using?
Old 09-16-2020, 11:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodyLich666 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you trying to stack ac and dex? Is it feasible to level this way, or does it require some endgame items to follow the path of the bone knight?
Yup, dex and AC... and it's more than feasible to level (it's very very strong when under 40, I would level up duoing most of the time ....and my favorite to duo with were just added DPS like a monk, since I could heal myself and tank and heal the monk if they got hurt too. Or another necromancer for shadow pacting each other).

I've always been more survivable than my pet. And I never had much to twink myself with (Pockete was my only other character, so twinked me with what she could get at level 18).

AC is super important though. One of the first parses I did was testing the difference between 530 AC and 650 AC.... against just a green guard in front of the freeport bank.

It took the average damage per hit from 50 (with 530 ac) to just 26 (with 650 AC). That's a hugeeee difference, and why casters normally get destroyed by anything in melee, even greens. But if they push their AC up with some focus on armor, they can actually become a LOT more survivable.

In general though, after 40 things start to hurt a bit more.... and good armor becomes way more critical. Since the threshold for not taking full damage each hit rises higher as the mobs get higher.

It works in classic, and when kunark comes there are a host of items that can keep pushing up the AC for damage mitigation (like a mask that has 12 AC on it).

I still don't know how it works after 50 (never tried it, it's just theory from then on).
I thinkkkk it should be powerful.... since I can already go toe to toe with planar monsters pretty ok (not enough to fully tank them for too long).

But when I get more lifetap dots and better mitigation, I think I'll be able to, especially if I throw in the fast casting lifetap.

Today my AC was hitting 690 with buffs, which is pretty good for a caster!

Quote:
What melee weapon were you using?
For hate, I was using the Staff of Undead Legions most the time (a couple of the fights have it against a living cleric, and still had good DPS).

But the 2nd set I linked I was using a staff of writhing (for the extra proc). I also have that dagger that procs the summoned DD if I fight summoned things (for the hole probably), but not shown here.

To give you an idea of the power of procs (combined with vampiric embrace proc) , I fought a hill giant without my pet.... just lifetap dots and my melee.... and by the end I had done 850 damage in procs alone. It's really pretty frequent with about 190 dex.

BUT in Kunark things change even more, with some reallyyy nice caster weapons (making it worth it to try and get some strength and haste items). Like I can't wait to see what the parse is with a rod of annihilation ( https://wiki.project1999.com/Rod_of_Annihilation )

I expect to be hitting for 40-80 per hit with it, which should up my DPS pretty well. If I can hit 1/3rd DPS of my pet at later levels, it will be a lot.

The level 60 necromancer pet hits for 62 max (so chance of a quad, but probably more on average 2 or so hits?).... with a 48 damage lifetap.

By comparison, at level 60, vampiric embrace should be proccing for 72 damage, and then hitting for 40-80 per hit myself in melee (and that's before using any magic on top, like putting on a 100 damage a tick lifetap dot).
Closed Thread