Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-21-2022, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As you say, the difference in kill speed is negligible with two Enchanters typically.
Right, we're absolutely on the same page here. I've done the shaman mana recovery rate trials myself awhile back. Even if the magician wins he still loses because he can't win by enough to justify giving up everything he gives up for a killrate difference that'll be measured in mere seconds. They arguably both lose compared to some other options but that's beside the point here.
Old 08-22-2022, 12:17 AM
Planar Protector

DSM … all I gotta say is

LOL
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-22-2022, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

Nubs be nubs…

And the worst nubs are the pseudointellectual’s who think they be smert

Nubs be nubs

/thread

Old 08-22-2022, 01:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No data, just silliness. You can't win an argument that way hehe.
Can't win an argument with a dense brick wall either so might as well meme. Take my word for it.
Old 08-22-2022, 02:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I trust the screenshot he sent, which shows 80 DPS.
I already told you it gets weird compiling multiple fights. It undervalues all dps. Use Grandmaster (60 monk with below weapons) as the baseline.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Fist_of_Nature

https://wiki.project1999.com/Pricele...ium_Fist_Wraps

You really think a 60 monk with that setup is only 48dps? Lol my 60 monk with epic fists and /scepter or mastery is in the 60-70dps range.

Rub your brain cells together and scale it up.

Jesus help me.

Old 08-22-2022, 02:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Bear in mind that things get weird when you combine fights. Actual dps levels for everyone involved (scaled or otherwise) are below actual real time values parsed.

I have highlighted myself and my 60 water pet unfocused.

Xeff: high level sk well geared; engaged first always
Grandmaster: 60 monk with tunare's fist of tunare and priceless velium wraps 15/20
Konober and Kekab: epic mage pet from another epic. I can only guess he didn't mask it or keep it hasted like it should have been.

Comparatively Ailowen + unfocused 60 water pet is the highlighted above.

See the monk's time engaged and you can see why he was below the SK and lower than me to such a degree; he spent a lot of time not engaged. What you can see is that mage dps is very good. This parse undervalues on the combine by a good 30% as my parse system is not perfect.

Old 08-22-2022, 02:36 AM
Aviak

this was a painful thread to read
Old 08-22-2022, 09:18 AM
Planar Protector

Why are you blaming me for your inaccurate data then? Lol the only silly person here is you Troxx. You give out data, and then complain that your own data isn't correct when the DPS for your Mage isn't great. Please provide better data if you think it isn't good. You say it undervalues the combine by 30%, but it matters whether most of that 30% is coming from you or the pet, because mana plays a factor in how often you can nuke.

I already told you how to get the DPS data, but you haven't provided it yet. Fight a single mob with pet only. Fight a single mob with pet and nukes. Report mana and spell usage. Report what mob you fought. All you need to do is divide max HP by how many seconds it took to kill the mob. For example, when I was duoing with a Rogue in Sebilis, he could kill a Froglok Dar Knight in 45 seconds. That mob has 6000 HP, so 6000/45 = 133 DPS.

This thread is over until you do, because your own data shows Mage DPS as nothing special[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Another Mage reported 40-50 DPS with their pet, so the numbers are probably closer than you think.

Reposting Shaman DPS.

Quote:
For the DPS calculation it depends on the situation. Epic Click + Pox on two root/rotted mobs is 65 DPS for 860 mana. With Pet that is basically 75 DPS. This assumes you are having the Shaman root/rotting mobs while the Enchanters are fighting other mobs, which allows the DoTs to fully finish. The math is (1425 + 2088) / 108 seconds = 32.5 DPS per mob, + 11 from pet.

If you want a faster "combat DPS", you would use Bane + Envenomed for 60 DPS, and with a pet that would be 71 DPS. Both end up costing 750 mana. Since there is no change in damage, the math is (214 + 146) / 6 = 60 DPS per mob, + 11 from pet. You don't need full duration here, each tick is 60 DPS. Pet average DPS will obviously vary a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjZxMlJSCDc using this video, it looks like you can Torpor recover mana at around 15 mana per second. If you include C2, it is more like 17 mana per second. This means you can recover the 800 mana in 47 seconds. That is easily the length of a fight if Enchanters are fighting 2 mobs with charmed pets.

Math-wise Mages just don't really offer much in this group, other than maybe a little bit more DPS if you don't want to have the Shaman root rot hehe. As you say, the difference in kill speed is negligible with two Enchanters typically.
Currently Troxx is showing 80DPS for a Mage without Epic, and a 60 Shaman with Epic/Torpor/Bane/Pox can do 70ish DPS with fairly low mana investment for a Shaman. Obviously both Mages and Shamans can do much more if they spam nukes/DoTs, but that is less sustainable. There is no reason to take a Mage over a Shaman for something like a 10-20 DPS increase in a group with 2 Charmed Enchanter pets already. You are saving a few seconds at best per kill. You'll get a few more kills after 5-10 hours hehe. Remember, this is talking about level 60 characters. Before 60 Mages are better than Shamans because Shamans provide less utility and DPS.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-22-2022 at 09:48 AM..
Old 08-22-2022, 10:17 AM
Banned

Raise your hand if you want an idiot shaman in your group root rotting adds all over your camp to justify their dps instead of just bringing a mage that can do more on single targets without training the camp and preventing mez

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by PlsNoBan; 08-22-2022 at 10:20 AM..
Old 08-22-2022, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raise your hand if you want an idiot shaman in your group root rotting adds all over your camp to justify their dps instead of just bringing a mage that can do more on single targets without training the camp and preventing mez
Not sure how that would cause a train if the Shaman is nearby. You're understanding of pathing needs work I think. You also didn't read the DPS I showed that doesn't even involve rooting[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Raise your hand if you would prefer 10-20 DPS over heals, buffs, slows, and a better malo.