Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2019, 11:24 AM
Banned

anyone with a maxed level blue character should be banned from green, it's the only way to be sure these disgusting weirdos dont ruin it
Old 11-29-2019, 11:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
12 hours on Thanksgiving. God bless
Old 11-29-2019, 02:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm gonna go back to the camp rules I posted: Existing rulings state that when you contest a camp the person currently holding it must name the person who they want to hand it off to. Failing that specific person showing up to take camp, you get the camp. i.e. a camper can't hand off to "a guildie" but must hand off to a specific person and must name that person as soon as they're contested.

Further, it says that the camper should relinquish camp after getting their drop.. though someone in this thread argued this should only apply to lore items it does say the ruling can apply to any camp.

At least the first rule will apply to net camp, and someone willing to lawyer quest can argue the second.
Well, I think it is neither here nor there as to "can't hand off to a guildie" as that named person can be a guildie regardless.
Old 11-29-2019, 02:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefluffy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, I think it is neither here nor there as to "can't hand off to a guildie" as that named person can be a guildie regardless.
Meaning that you can't just say an unnamed person in your guild will be next. Your guild can have a rotation set up to make it easy to name the next person.
Old 11-29-2019, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Or the guild has a shared root net farming toon, /q to force LD and new person logs it in 45 seconds later...
Old 11-29-2019, 02:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meaning that you can't just say an unnamed person in your guild will be next. Your guild can have a rotation set up to make it easy to name the next person.
You seem to be implying that if I was at a camp, and planned to be there for the next seven hours, that some server rule would force me to start maintaining a list an hour into that seven hours and if I don't do that then I lose the ability to pass the camp off who to whomever I choose to six and a half hours later when I'm going to leave soon.

I have to call bullshit on this.
Old 11-29-2019, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

As far as I know besides /listed accounts the current campholder can pass the camp off to whomever they please, see stormfeather camp from blue for example. Is it a dick move to skip over others who wanted the camp next to give it to a friend? Yes. is it a violation of the rules? Not yet.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:09 PM
Kobold

Hi have you tried not playing by waiting in line for 12 hours? Hope this helps

Old 11-29-2019, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You seem to be implying that if I was at a camp, and planned to be there for the next seven hours, that some server rule would force me to start maintaining a list an hour into that seven hours and if I don't do that then I lose the ability to pass the camp off who to whomever I choose to six and a half hours later when I'm going to leave soon.

I have to call bullshit on this.
There is no list, unless you mean a list of one. You have to name the one person you will pass the camp to at the moment someone asks, whether that's right after you arrive or five hours down the line or whatever.

When you're done with the camp, the person you named has to arrive within a few minutes after the PH pops otherwise the person who originally asked gets it. Once you name the person, you can't change your mind. If that particular person doesn't arrive to claim the PH, it's too bad.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no list, unless you mean a list of one. You have to name the one person you will pass the camp to at the moment someone asks, whether that's right after you arrive or five hours down the line or whatever.
This is the part that I'm calling bullshit on. You are saying that if I have a camp and somebody asks me if there's a list I'm not allowed to say "nope, and I'm not going to keep one either."

Buuuuullshit.
Closed Thread