Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 11:55 PM
Sarnak

Question Exact values for heal + group heal aggro?

Anyone have the equations for calculating how much aggro a successful heal generates? How does overhealing factor into this? Also, how does the aggro modifier for group heals work, from a technical perspective?

I sometimes use group heals in 6 man dungeon crawls, and would like to have an idea of how much aggro the tank should have to safely use one vs popping DA immediately afterward. I'm also looking for numbers to determine if Word of Resto is safe to use on Trak to cleanse my group after his DoT.

Thanks!
Old 07-10-2015, 06:05 AM
Sarnak

If no one answers I would be interested in the results if you went out and tested it yourself.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

As a general rule I wouldn't heal anyone/anything before the mob is under 90% if its avoidable...with a warrior tanking that is, probably more like 75-80% for a complete heal.

If the warrior is really struggling and does need heals, stand next to him before casting - easier for him to hit taunt than for everyone to have to reposition <3

Also, stick to Heroic Bond for a group heal.... that cleric group heal isn't very mana efficient.
Old 07-10-2015, 02:40 PM
Sarnak

Check out this link from EQ clerics which incorporates Lucy...

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/arch...p?t-13110.html

The basics of what I'm seeing is 1 point of agro per point of damage healed is probably what the mechanic is during the current time period assuming its the same on p99 as it was on live. (or 2 points of agro for 3 healed, with CH capped at some number possibly depending on which post you believe and when changes were instituted).

However, for sure, certain spells have more/less agro than others. Heals over time have greatly reduced agro. Heals that have other things mixed in like buffs/cures have increased agro. Rune type spells have massive agro if a mob is in range/engaged when it lands. It also seems to me that at some point casting time had an effect, ie the longer the cast, the less agro it generated per point healed.

All that is only partially helpful, and for sure you can't look at the agro a tank generates (for which we truly can assign a pretty legitimate number for swings/procs/nukes/clicks) in quite the same way you can heal agro because we just don't have good numbers for the heals. You can look at Lucy, but those numbers are liable to reflect what the spells agro is currently on Live, not what it is on p99.

Heal agro is something that you need to learn by "feel." ANY heal that lands right on a pull is going to bring you agro. Any heal on a puller is very dangerous unless you're certain they are FD or already cleared agro somehow. Heal agro is generally greater on fast heals than it is on slow heals, Repeatedly casting divine light will be tons more agro than a couple of CH's. Group heals are a butt-ton of agro and you should expect to have agro after a group CH, try to use a smaller group heal or even heroic bond as HB seems to carry less agro even if casted repeatedly.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:04 PM
Sarnak

What's interesting about heal agro is that I think there's a flat modifier on the spells themselves and a modifier on the 'amount healed' (for direct heals) and then 'heal buffs' are in an entirely separate category

A warrior facepulls a mob with zero threat and he's at 100% hp. A minor heal will still steal agro away from him, even though the minor heal healed nothing. If he's at 70%, but swung at the mob 1 time, a minor heal will heal him, and hit him, but the mob will not change focus. One warrior swing is more threat than one minor heal. However, with one greater heal, the flat heal modifier + the amount of damage healed, indicates that After One melee swing, restorting 30% hit points on the tank will take agro off him.

I don't know how it -exactly- works with regeneration spells, but it seems that since they're buff-oriented, they are all worth the same value. Even though regrowth heals 3 thousand something hp, it seems Regeneration is just as handy for being an extremely heady dose of agro for minimal mana. I don't know how this works on v2 Regen spells, because I've never seen a Shaman or a Cleric 'acquire' agro during the Ticks of their heal, but I could easily be mistaken. I think that since it's 'buff-style' the only dose of agro is the Buff, then the 'points of healing' don't matter.

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Last edited by Waedawen; 07-13-2015 at 07:08 PM..
Old 07-13-2015, 09:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFishyOne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone have the equations for calculating how much aggro a successful heal generates? How does overhealing factor into this? Also, how does the aggro modifier for group heals work, from a technical perspective?

I sometimes use group heals in 6 man dungeon crawls, and would like to have an idea of how much aggro the tank should have to safely use one vs popping DA immediately afterward. I'm also looking for numbers to determine if Word of Resto is safe to use on Trak to cleanse my group after his DoT.

Thanks!
Did the tank use a full mallet or puppet strings and is still alive? Should be okay, but I would stand next to the tank to cast so Trak doesn't turn around and eat you cause the raid to lose rogue dps.
Closed Thread