Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2020, 07:05 AM
Sarnak

Default Bad typer

I suck at typing. I need to look at the k-boar and I often miss keybuttons and what not.

Any advice on how to improve? The obvious anser if ofc "type stuff" but educational in order to learn I think. Teaching old dogs and all that...
Old 04-17-2020, 07:17 AM
Planar Protector

https://www.google.com/search?q=typi...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Old 04-17-2020, 07:18 AM
Planar Protector

https://www.speedtypingonline.com/typing-tutor this is exactly how i learned as a kid now i type a million werdz per minute

eventually u will stop looking at the keyboard, the on screen keyboard helped me, the complexity increases

my kid program had a cute little graphic of like a girl and a dog that jumped around on the screen and was all UWU :3 thats probably why i am ultra gay, hope that doesn't happen to you
Old 04-17-2020, 07:20 AM
Planar Protector

best of luck

and remember to always break ur posts into like 2 or 3 posts

and sentances

don't ever use paragraphs they hinder typing ability
Old 04-17-2020, 07:23 AM
Banned

EQ without voice chat was my original stress, communicating in a dungeon with bad pulls etc while also manipulating the character for the task at hand, it was a lot to juggle for me at the time. Prior to that all I had was the standard computer class in middle school that taught you the home row keys. I still sometimes need to visually check where my fingers are in relation to some keys to get started on a sentence.

20 years later and I still miss keystrokes /shrug
It also means I have enough experience to make out what people are trying to say most of the time. Automatically fills in the gaps.

*I still associate computer games with text chat, I really don't care for voice communication.. might as well put on the xbox 360 headset. We have a keyboard for communication. Read & Write.
I also think that text chat is critical for online role playing, I don't sound like an Ogre or a Troll or a Dark Elf. I will type out sentences that I would never ever say in RL.
Last edited by Mblake81; 04-17-2020 at 07:39 AM..
Old 04-17-2020, 07:35 AM
Planar Protector

I have a terrible memory so I prefer having a written record.

EQ really taught me how to spam out those keyboard buttons!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-17-2020, 07:52 AM
Banned

If you want, there are games out there specifically made for the improvement of typing while being entertainment.

The Typing of the Dead which is a play on House of the Dead.

Initial D typing which is a play on the anime show about mountain pass racing in Japan.

These are just two examples, there are many more 'Edutainment' games out there. I guess people take typing as a given today with the prevalence of cellphone texting with kids. They probably have something for Ipads. /shrug
Old 04-17-2020, 07:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ without voice chat was my original stress, communicating in a dungeon with bad pulls etc while also manipulating the character for the task at hand, it was a lot to juggle for me at the time. Prior to that all I had was the standard computer class in middle school that taught you the home row keys. I still sometimes need to visually check where my fingers are in relation to some keys to get started on a sentence.

20 years later and I still miss keystrokes /shrug
It also means I have enough experience to make out what people are trying to say most of the time. Automatically fills in the gaps.

*I still associate computer games with text chat, I really don't care for voice communication.. might as well put on the xbox 360 headset. We have a keyboard for communication. Read & Write.
I also think that text chat is critical for online role playing, I don't sound like an Ogre or a Troll or a Dark Elf. I will type out sentences that I would never ever say in RL.
too bad i sound exactly like a dark elf
Old 04-17-2020, 07:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want, there are games out there specifically made for the improvement of typing while being entertainment.

The Typing of the Dead which is a play on House of the Dead.

Initial D typing which is a play on the anime show about mountain pass racing in Japan.

These are just two examples, there are many more 'Edutainment' games out there. I guess people take typing as a given today with the prevalence of cellphone texting with kids. They probably have something for Ipads. /shrug
Thank you. Found this one typeracer.com. Rocking around 30-35 wpm with 90% accuracy atm![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-17-2020, 08:03 AM
Banned

That is pretty good, I tried a few but couldn't get past the start haha. I find that I make many typos and have to go back to correct them. Seems I am terrible at copying something on screen as it is written, that isn't how I have typed since I became more active on social media/forums since 2010.

I only bothered to interact on maybe one or two forums prior to that, one being [H]ardforum. My screen name was Magnum G.I before I lost the login information. The PC games section at [H] depresses me these days so I don't go there anymore.
Last edited by Mblake81; 04-17-2020 at 08:08 AM..
Closed Thread