Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 06:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Maybe that's a bad assumption on my part.
Old 05-24-2018, 06:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's always amusing when two people have an exchange, then one of them gets banned and has their posts removed, so it looks like the other person just sat there talking to themselves on the forum for no reason [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be honest it still kind of felt like I was engaging with myself even when he was here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In other news, I rolled a team on TAKP a few days ago and can report it's fairly fun. Boxing is fairly novel and the small community online during offpeak hours is quite helpful.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:11 PM
Developer

I would say 80% of p99 players dont know or care about any other eqemu server.

The majority also dont get on and forumquest either.

They like p99. Why would they be looking for other options? When you played eqlive, did you check out other eqlive servers often?

Takp is about the eqmac server. Trying to be similar to how it was.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:13 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkamus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure almost everyone that plays on P99 knows of TAKP, and probably knows the differences.
I've been around since 2015 on P99 and didnt know a single thing about TAKP until this month when i went to their forums and read up on it. I doubt there is widespread knowledge of TAKP within the P99 community. P99 is executed so well and has so many people engaged that there really is little reason to look outside. What got me to start looking was the fact the server is almost topped out on content and the raid scene is a little too competitive. I wanted a more relaxing experience and TAKP scratches that itch well.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairmuid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been around since 2015 on P99 and didnt know a single thing about TAKP until this month when i went to their forums and read up on it. I doubt there is widespread knowledge of TAKP within the P99 community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would say 80% of p99 players dont know or care about any other eqemu server.

The majority also dont get on and forumquest either.

I'm sure you guys are right. Bad assumption on my part!
Old 05-25-2018, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairmuid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 is executed so well and has so many people engaged that there really is little reason to look outside. What got me to start looking was the fact the server is almost topped out on content and the raid scene is a little too competitive. I wanted a more relaxing experience and TAKP scratches that itch well.
The spit polish of the original client.

Rather than Green would like to see legit CC for all ranges of the game but I am not sure how realistic that is. It's probably not realistic at all.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:49 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkamus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure you guys are right. Bad assumption on my part!
Ur assumptions were actually reasonable. I thought something similar. Until I started asking a few people. I was suprised by the results.
Old 05-26-2018, 05:10 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Takp community has chosen to rotate all raid content, so even if the population grows, your gaming experience wont be ruined by poopsockers.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:50 AM
Kobold

<Black Sheep> (RL friendly raid guild) is looking for raiders on TAKP.

Raid time 7pm-12pm PST Sunday - Thursday. Friday/Sat Off.

Single & Multi boxers welcome!

www.blacksheep.forumotion.com
Old 06-07-2018, 09:04 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I can't really argue with that. Obviously there is a limit to how high one would desire a server population to be.
Closed Thread