Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voland [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not just DC, I always thought many EQ tunnels were made long on purpose, as a timesink. Off of the top of head, this also applies to Neriak and FV.
I think there are a lot of places where the original EQ devs left room to add stuff in the future. The tunnels to FV seem like a perfect example of that to me: they'd be a great place to stick a random quest NPC. There's also tons of empty houses in cities, giant (relatively) empty zones like the Karanas, etc. I'm sure some of it was just to "make the world feel big", but some of it really feels to me like it was purposefully left "blank" so it could be filled-in later.

Unfortunately after they built the zones it seems everyone was more interested in creating new zones than going back and adding to the old ones (stuff like the Luclin-era Qeynos badge quests were relatively rare) ... but I suppose that leaves plenty of space for custom content someday (maybe) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-24-2018 at 11:29 AM..
Old 08-24-2018, 11:57 AM
Sarnak

Idk man....people whining about big old zones, having to run, and the fact that it takes time to get places...That's one of the reasons EQ is great imo. Maximum immersion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is also coming from a b who enjoys long walks through WK for no particular purpose, though. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-24-2018, 12:03 PM
Kobold

Favorite - Sebilis. I have a lot of nostalgia love for this zone, I spent many hours there on live. I was seriously disappointed when Luclin came it and it turned into a ghost town. Now I get to go there again!

Least favorite - Burning woods. I really, really hate Kunark trees. It's a constant battle just to not get turned around and lost in that zone.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:41 PM
Banned

Kunark trees and shaded, bump mapped textures would probably make EC / WK feeel better, but they screwed up with revamping EC and Freeport. N ro and oasis wasn't so bad.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:41 PM
Banned

I'm thinking a warsliks or lioio or overthere tech treatment with WK would bring the zone alive for people.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:47 PM
Banned

There are a lot of empty zones and bad character models in oblivion and morrowind, but i bet those were immersive
Old 08-24-2018, 01:47 PM
Kobold

Favorite Dungeon - Sol A. I didn't make it here until p99. I am crazy impressed how much it feels like a D&D dungeon. The attention to detail is amazing. Crawling through here is exciting. You could spend two weeks here and discover something new every time. Not to mention fantastic XP and loot. Honorable mention: TOFS.

Least favorite dungeon: Crushbone. Never really had a good time grouping here on live or p99. Too chaotic. TOO MANY NOOBS. I usually skip it now.

Favorite Outdoors - Steamfont. Just feels like home. Probably because I mained a gnome on live. Honorable mention: ocean zones.

Least favorite outdoor: EJ. I swear I get lost everytime I go there.

Favorite city: Rivervale. I mean c'mon. It is great there. Everyone is having fun.

Least favorite city: Halas. Stupid boat.
Last edited by mumpz; 08-24-2018 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: cities
Old 08-24-2018, 01:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Favorite Zones: Sol A and Upper Guk. The pinnacle of MMO dungeon design IMO. Spent countless hours in each zone and still love it. If I took a 20 year break I would probably still remember how to navigate them.

Least Favorite: Probably Toxx forest for being such a terrible newbie zone
Old 08-24-2018, 01:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Favorite: Thurgadin

Least: Nothing jumps out for me, most zones have some redeeming qualities.
Best answer Dad!

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2018, 03:06 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankou [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fav: Kedge. Such a different zone. Mixes the whole game up. Aggro radius seems increased on p99 from what I remember on live, but still fun.
This is true.. I spent a lot of time in Kedge on live. I was a virtual fish.
Closed Thread