Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 05-19-2022, 09:30 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default 2 accounts question

I know 2 boxing isn't allowed, nor having more than one account (I think?) - so, I have a question...

I played p99 about 6 years ago and long forgotten what the password or even the name on it was... so I created a new account and got to lvl4 on a new char; friend of mine showed me where to recover old account, so I did (yey!)... now, I want to play my old one, but will I get in trouble for having 2 accounts on the same IP? I don't intend to log in on the new one since I recovered the other one.
Old 05-19-2022, 12:22 PM
Fire Giant

I know people who have 10+ accounts. You are fine, just don't box
Old 05-19-2022, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know people who have 10+ accounts. You are fine, just don't box
What’s the reason for that with the exception of certain guild bots for a big raiding guild for instance? Seems odd
Old 05-19-2022, 01:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What’s the reason for that with the exception of certain guild bots for a big raiding guild for instance? Seems odd
So you can have your own 2nd + character help you out if needed if you have a friend you are willing to give account info to. Most commonly someone would have a cleric on another account so they can rez whichever other toon of yours needs one. Cannot do that if all your characters are on the same account.
Old 05-19-2022, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I mean it's pretty obvious that some of those people are using it for boxing. It's like a guy dies in the group and he's like "oh yeah my 'brother' is gonna log on my cleric alt and come rez me right now"

Like, sure he is dude lol
Old 05-19-2022, 01:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I mean it's pretty obvious that some of those people are using it for boxing. It's like a guy dies in the group and he's like "oh yeah my 'brother' is gonna log on my cleric alt and come rez me right now"

Like, sure he is dude lol
Absolutely. But watch a streamer like Sugz4. He has 1 character per account, with the exception of mules or traders. There is no reason not to have 10 accounts for your 10 played characters. A few years ago when crashing when camping was more common it was actually much faster to login a character on a different account than on the same one because of the crashes and the "you still have an active character in game" message you'd have to wait out.

But if you have a cleric who can rez and you have a friend you can trust, NEVER have that cleric on the same account as any other character you actually play and level.
Old 05-19-2022, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah just saying I think 90%+ of the time it's someone boxing (not always perpetually, sometimes they're just boxing to rez themselves, port themselves, etc.).

So few people play P99 that it's pretty unlikely the vast majority of those people somehow conveniently have another player they know freely available to log on their other char when needed
Old 05-19-2022, 02:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

So few people play P99 that it's pretty unlikely the vast majority of those people somehow conveniently have another player they know freely available to log on their other char when needed
I think your are off on that. I'd say the vast majority of us have friends or guildies they trust who would absolutely login their buddy's character to help them out
Old 05-19-2022, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no reason not to have 10 accounts for your 10 played characters.
I've got one: I don't feel like waiting months for a new IP exception if I want to make a new alt.
Old 05-19-2022, 02:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Yeah just saying I think 90%+ of the time it's someone boxing (not always perpetually, sometimes they're just boxing to rez themselves, port themselves, etc.).

Never had any issue asking a guildy to hop in my toon for quest or rez etc, join a guild and make friends /nod. Easy to just change pw to something temp then change it back /nod