Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Sarnak

Default deepwater gobs in oasis

Just curious if anyone ever camps these? I assume you would have to be in the water to target and cast etc..?

Just never seen anyone hunting there.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

They are a pain in the ass with their nukes and root spells. That combined with the fact that you have to be in the water to pull them and it's hard to see down there makes it a very unattractive place to level.

You bring up a good point that these mobs do give exp into very high levels but unless you are going there with some great resist gear / resist buffs they create more down time than they are worth.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Fire Giant

no one on this server ever camps them, not in oasis or in Lake Rathe...but on live, both places were extremely good camps. People like to complain about crowding in the upper levels? They should learn to explore and find viable camp's outside the generic dungeons.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Kobold

A mage friend and I take a spec camp when it's open. If we only have bottom half, I'll harmo and pull gobies. Haven't gotten rooted down there yet, but they nuke quite hard.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Consider yourself lucky because they chain cast that shit once they land it once.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Orc

Default Tried to get some info on them..

Was playing with the spawn, tried to pull from a corner to only agro one, somehow agroed three, at 45 my pet wasnt having too much of a problem, but there was no way my 150pt heal could keep up, started to cast gate and client crashed...will wait for company before trying again...

Anyone know if there are things that you can do to prevent crashes, half the time zoning into BB, lavastorm and nek forest I crash. ontop of these random times.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

Off the beaten path is sometimes fun, a friend and I were trying to dungeon crawl through grobb the other day, no loot but no contested spawns, it was hard but fun.

Donate a water filter in Haiti. Click Here
Old 12-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

I remember on Live for a good 3 months there was a pathing errior with the DW Gob pets. They would run out of the water and there was a constant flow of them. That was the bestttt camp while that was going on.

The goblins wouldnt aggro so it was like you were getting a constant flow of mobs as fast as you could kill. WTB DW Gob pet group.. Anyone else remember this.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Orc

Alright, me and another 45 mage duod here...they nuke hard, heal, root and have DSs that need dispelled. Also they drop almost nothing and the exp doesnt seem anything close to specs (although 45 is hell)
Old 12-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no one on this server ever camps them, not in oasis or in Lake Rathe...but on live, both places were extremely good camps. People like to complain about crowding in the upper levels? They should learn to explore and find viable camp's outside the generic dungeons.
exactly. With eight goblins in the camp on a 6 minute timer each, that's a lot of experience (one goblin every 45 seconds). Dungeons are overrated.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Closed Thread