Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 07:09 PM
Skeleton

Only thing I dont like is that you need a wizzy to get to any planes. One of the best things about the planes was that they were great leveling zones. Groups just couldnt functions if the only way in or out was wizard/gate. Raids could still work as those usually come packed with plenty of rez, but lots of groups dont have rez.

I hate having to run everywhere, but Id hate if I couldnt run anywhere. If anything, these should be clicky in and clicky out ports at certain locations. Sure it would mean that ZL would be safe (how horrible, a place where you can solo trash in relative safety), but at least we would be able to use the zones for more than a raid or two that wont even touch half the zone (ex. was there much to do in PoDis outside the castle in terms of raiding? No, most of the zone was leveling grounds).
Old 07-13-2010, 07:15 PM
Orc

Would all this include having AAs brought into the game?

I'd really like to have some AAs... they were a significant addition to classes. I really enjoyed my character once I had gotten like 60-100AAs
Old 07-13-2010, 07:15 PM
Sarnak

Personally I would like to see some custom content designed by the Dev team.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

All very good points. This is basically just my imagination playing around with an expansion I enjoyed while leaving out the parts that I felt hurt the original content.

AA's are a toughy. They definitely helped define a character but they became an endless way to level up further. In my vision there would be a cap to how many AA's a character could get each level, starting at say 50. The level cap would still go to 65 with the PoP zones, however you would never be able to get all the AA's available.

In other words you would have to select a path you wanted to put your character on and specialize. Sure a way to respec could be added to the game but I would make it some sort of involved process so you wouldn't simply be able to respecialize your AA's from one day to the next.

As far as ports being necessary goes, I think a nice balance between some zones being port only while others being available without ports would mix it up a little and keep certain planes only optimal for raiding while others could be used for group and solo content.

Totally forgot about the Tower of Frozen Shadow mirror. That would be a nice alternative to the otherwize wizard only port to PoK. And the level 46 requirement for PoK is not a horrible idea but it starts a slippery slope because eventually everyone would start parking their mains there. I would rather see the minimum level at 60 or not at all.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Sarnak

AA's are good imo, i prefer wasting my time progressing my main instead of making endless number of lvl 50 alts.

yes i have too much free time.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

Edited the OP.

Added ToFS idea and AA's (but with a capped limit per level).

Added some other notes.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Aviak

How many classic god models are there? For example I know Solusek Ro has a classic model and is in the game, but he never made an appearance.

Can/would a GM be willing to answer this question? What other gods have an old classic model that could possibly be used if ever planar content was to be created?
Old 07-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Inno, CT, Sol, Erollisi, Tribunal, RZ, Bristlebane, Tunare, Sol Ro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:08 PM
Sarnak

Innoruuk wouldn't allow a link to the Plane of Torment in his home plane.

Saryrn was held by a pact with the dark Elder Gods, but Innoruuk is an extremely suspicious deity. You'd be better off placing the portal to Saryrn's plane nearest the place where she ascended to Godhood - Freeport.

According to Lore, Saryrn was a woman who was blessed with striking beauty, but harbored a deep jealous streak. Erollisi Marr tried to temper her envious heart by promising her a pure, perfect love with a Paladin of Mithaniel. Unfortunately, Saryrn was true to her nature and grew mad with distrust - she turned her simple, idyllic cottage in the outskirts of Freeport into a torture chamber where her husband was only the first of her countless victims.

That cottage would be the perfect place to open a rift to the Planes of Pain. To be nerdy (nerdier) about it, imagine the residual energies left behind in that place, after thousands and thousands of victims were tortured there, where Saryrn embodied the concept of cruelty and suffering to the point where she was capable of divine apotheosis? That's a sinkhole of evil, right there.
Last edited by Humwawa; 07-13-2010 at 09:29 PM..
Old 07-13-2010, 09:50 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via ICQ to Qaedain Send a message via AIM to Qaedain Send a message via MSN to Qaedain

Wizard ports for everything.