Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 06:10 PM
Sarnak

I'm not sure what you're weapon is, but you should be able to afford a Club of the Ice Ocean (14/27 dmg/dly, ~500pp) or a Slime Coated Harpoon (10/25, ~200pp). The Harpoon also gives +5 wis so it would help with your mana pool.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:10 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I've got a Sharkbone Warhammer (8/26, +5 wis). Sounds like maybe that's not very good haha
Old 12-18-2018, 07:34 PM
Banned

Duo with a magician with a fire pet -> cast inner fire -> sit to catch mana tick -> cast inner fire pet will destroy and never die you will not have to med hardly ever this will work well until lvl 29 at which point you will be able to do treants until 35 and be able to afford iksar regen no and fungi staff
Old 12-18-2018, 07:38 PM
Sarnak

I remember when Sharkbone Warhammers were pretty much BiS for the classes that could use them!

If I were you, I would try to get two (2) Platinum Fire Wedding Rings (5 AC/55 HP, ~250pp) and a Slime Coated Harpoon. If you can haggle with a seller you might be able to get the Harpoon for 150pp, and it would increase your DPS by >20%. with the extra 10 AC and 110 HP from the rings, I think these items would be your best investment at this time.

There is a damage cap prior to level 20, so the Club of the Ice Ocean wouldn't be worth it until then.

Edit: Also, Inner Fire (2.0 HP/mana) is more mana efficient to use for heals than your actual heal spell (Light Healing, 1.3 HP/mana) at your level. Iirc, nothing beats Inner Fire in terms of mana efficiency until you get Superior Healing at 51. Although, at higher levels it's just better to cast Healing or Greater Healing once than Inner Fire 5 or 13 times, respectively.
Last edited by snyder43; 12-18-2018 at 07:51 PM..
Old 12-18-2018, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

Also, obligatory go to KC and loot Jarsath armor for free reply
Old 12-19-2018, 12:10 AM
Fire Giant

"I only have around 650p in the bank"

Buy Giant Scalemail Arms and 2x 5 AC/55 HP rings for armor or if you want weapons, skip on giant scalemail arms and buy a slime coated harpoon & springwood club + the 5 AC/55 HP rings.

Look for a port / buffs / invis from a druid to EJ, zone to FoB, then hit up Kurn's Tower until level 24, where you gain Canni, regen, better dots, more buffs, and a better cold nuke. Duo with a melee class, you'll fly through the levels: 150 ZEM for Kurn's Tower. If you haven't attacked a burynai, these should be dubious. If dubious, you can free-roam Kurn's Tower to kill undead.

Lesser Char/Icebones are still DB from 19-23, and majority green out at 24. You'll also have gained back half or so of your money in stacks of bonechips to sell and have a chance at a 1kpp wizard wand or Iksar Berserker Club and if the skeletal cook is up, turn a glowing skull in from greater scalebones or lesser ice/charbones for a necklace you can sell for 250pp.

I can't say enough good things about Kurn's Tower.

P99B Strazha (60 Warlock) [Iksar]
P99B Sstrix (60 Warlord) [Iksar]
P99B Sickjams (5 Bard) [EC Mule]
P99G Sauna (51 Channeler) [Gnome]
P99R Sseri (54 Mystic) [Iksar]
VZ/TZ '08-'09 Lurgort (60 Shaman) [Barbarian] <Eight Inches Unbuffed>
Last edited by Lurgort/Sseri; 12-19-2018 at 12:25 AM..
Old 12-19-2018, 01:25 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I haven't killed and Burynai. My friends went to Kurns, though, and had a really rough time. They also died a bunch in the overworld zones trying to sell and get around (one almost lost his corpse in FV).

I think the rings are out of my budget at the moment, but I'll keep those in mind since they keep coming up. I think I have some +wis ones right now. I'll look out for a Slime Coated Harpoon.

I spent a little time in Lavastorm this afternoon. It was a little rough, but I was able to take down some blues. I finally finished off the last 10-15% of level 17 and am officially level 18 (unless I die and delevel lol). Close to those new spells (that I can probably cast once each before running oom lol).

Thanks again for all the insight here. It's still rough going, but I'm feeling a lot more encouraged after reading this thread.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballaorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't killed and Burynai. My friends went to Kurns, though, and had a really rough time. They also died a bunch in the overworld zones trying to sell and get around (one almost lost his corpse in FV).

I think the rings are out of my budget at the moment, but I'll keep those in mind since they keep coming up. I think I have some +wis ones right now. I'll look out for a Slime Coated Harpoon.

I spent a little time in Lavastorm this afternoon. It was a little rough, but I was able to take down some blues. I finally finished off the last 10-15% of level 17 and am officially level 18 (unless I die and delevel lol). Close to those new spells (that I can probably cast once each before running oom lol).

Thanks again for all the insight here. It's still rough going, but I'm feeling a lot more encouraged after reading this thread.
Seems like you know what's up, and the 5AC/55 HP rings can be had for 400-500 plat for a pair, you can also pick up one or two weapons depending on how well you haggle.

P99B Strazha (60 Warlock) [Iksar]
P99B Sstrix (60 Warlord) [Iksar]
P99B Sickjams (5 Bard) [EC Mule]
P99G Sauna (51 Channeler) [Gnome]
P99R Sseri (54 Mystic) [Iksar]
VZ/TZ '08-'09 Lurgort (60 Shaman) [Barbarian] <Eight Inches Unbuffed>
Last edited by Lurgort/Sseri; 12-19-2018 at 01:39 AM..
Old 12-19-2018, 01:55 AM
Fire Giant

The single most cost-efficient item for any low level toon is 5/55 AC rings. I won't start a character without them now because they are so cheap and so efficient and effective. I'd recommend that over pretty much anything else you can buy for bang for your buck. They're wearable to 60 for most classes, too, because it's just hard to find that much hp on an item anywhere close to that cheaply.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:36 AM
Sarnak

17-23
Go to Guk - form a group or join one.
Closed Thread