Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2019, 03:54 AM
Planar Protector

Default CHA seems to be impacting charm durations on P99 far more than it did on Live

Compare this test on P99 with varying charisma scores on a blue mob:

Quote:
First, I found a pet who was just on the cusp of charming viability. At level 52 I grabbed a goo hitting for 116. Prior to this we tried a goo hitting for 120 but even with full charisma gear could not keep it charmed with duration good enough to exp reliably. This choice was intentional, because what I really care about is keeping the best mob I can for as long as I can. I'm sure results would be very different for a light blue mob. On every break the mob was tashed and re-charmed. I just pulled all the data out of my log file after our session and crunched it all using excel. results are as follows:

High Charisma dataset (CHA = 224)
Time of trial: 0:40:18 (or 0.672 hours)
Breaks: 7
Breaks per hour(extrapolated): 10.42
Avg Duration: 5.76 minutes
Median Duration: 3 minutes 10 seconds

Low Charisma dataset (CHA = 95)
Time of trial: 0:58:04 (0.968 hours)
Breaks: 25
Breaks per hour(extrapolated): 25.83
Avg Duration: 2.32 minutes
Median Duration: 1 minute 4 seconds

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...9&postcount=52
To this test conducted in classic with varying Charisma scores on a blue mob:

Quote:
Xenti, you said there have been studies done on both mes and charm. I don't ever remember data being posted on charm. That was the whole reason I did this test was to provide hard numbers. Can you give me a link to the previous test?
With that said, in my insanity today I decided to run more tests. This time I ran them on Ssolet Dnaas, an Iksar in Warslick's Woods that is for part of the Veeshan's Peak key quest. He is 50th level and cons blue to a 60th level player. This means that he is most likely in the level range that most people with Boltran's will be engaging. And to test on an even con mob with Boltran's would require doing the tests at 53rd level as after that you can only charm blue cons.

I also decided to extend my tests further this time. I did the first 2 tests again of 75 cha and 205 cha each with a sample size of 25. Then I ran 2 more tests of 25 samples at 75 and 205 cha, but this time I also buffed the Iksar with Resist Magic. Here are the results.

Test 1
Charisma = 75
Mob Buffed = No
Total Resists = 3
Lowest Duration Charm = 6 seconds
Longest Duration Charm = 424 seconds (7:04)
Average Duration Charm = 204 seconds (3:24)

Test 2
Charisma = 205
Mob Buffed = No
Total Resists = 1
Longest Duration Charm = 425 seconds (7:05)
Average Duration Charm = 119 seconds (1:59)

Test 3
Charisma = 75
Mob Buffed = Yes
Total Resists = 11
Longest Duration Charm = 231 seconds (3:51)
Average Duration Charm = 71 seconds (1:11)

Test 4
Charisma = 205
Mob Buffed = Yes
Total Resists = 10
Lowest Duration Charm = 4 seconds
Longest Duration Charm = 143 seconds (2:23)
Average Duration Charm = 36 seconds

Conclusions

The tests without buffing show some strange occurences. With 75 CHA the average duration went up by almost a full minute, and with 205 CHA it went down almost a full minute from my previous test. My guess is that this means there simply aren't enough samples taken yet.

Now it is very obvious that MR has a very large impact. Not only did it cut the max duration charm for both CHA settings in half, it also cut the average durations in half. And on top of that resists went up significantly.

And the most interesting thing with this new set of tests is that all of the tests performed better when run with 75 CHA than they did with 205 CHA. The average durations at 75 CHA where almost twice as long as those at 205 CHA.

So what does this mean to me? After running 150 tests I still see no data showing that high CHA gives any benefit at all. In fact it might be just the opposite. The only thing that does stick out to me is that charm is much more successful when magic resist is lower. So I will continue to keep my CHA wherever it ends up when focusing on other gear, and will use Tash while charming.

Wandatin Dai'Noga

http://web.archive.org/web/200105011...c&f=9&t=004395
The effect of CHA on his charms was so small that it got lost in the statistical noise.

I suspect P99 is allocating much too high of an impact to Charisma score when calculating its impact on charm duration.