Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 01:37 PM
Kobold

Default Making Money as a Ranger

Any advice on good methods (besides snarky ones like rerolling a different class! :P) for a high-level Ranger to make money solo?

I've heard of farming the named spawns from the Forager/Tracker cycle. Any requirements or tips on how to do that? I'm 59 now with Swiftwind and Sky Cloak, but no Earthcaller yet.

Any other good spots that a Ranger like that could tackle?
Old 07-11-2018, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Frontier Mountain cycle... not sure how profitable it is anymore after nerfs and and expansion.

There was some sort of cycle in SoNH that dropped gems, too, in which tracking was a great boon.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

I think cycles (like the one in Trak's Tooth) are one of the very few things in classic EQ where Rangers truly shine, so going for Iksar BPs is a great idea.

However, if you want to make plat faster I think the real answer is to partner up with a Shaman, and then go after one of the many options on the Treasure Hunting Guide (link in my signature).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

tracking...
TT
FT
WL

ezzz cash, I don't know why it's not more publicized for rangers. They have the best tracking. I use to have a friend I met in game who just did those three zones and made bank on his ranger solo.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tracking...
TT
FT
WL

ezzz cash, I don't know why it's not more publicized for rangers. They have the best tracking. I use to have a friend I met in game who just did those three zones and made bank on his ranger solo.
What tracking/solo content is available for Rangers in WL? The only thing I could think of would be panther pelts, but that probably involves clearing lots of chaff in hopes the good ones will pop.

Also, what are the good cash drops to go for in the FT tracking/mob cycle?
Old 07-11-2018, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Farm melee wrist gems (and stuff) in velks?

I could just about manage to solo the frenzied velium broodling at 59, even with very late slow procs. I generally had potg on and had to take med/root rot breaks mid fight. I also had sky cloak but no fungi. Swarm caller may help if you can't source a seoc easily.?
Old 07-11-2018, 08:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Farm melee wrist gems (and stuff) in velks?

I could just about manage to solo the frenzied velium broodling at 59, even with very late slow procs. I generally had potg on and had to take med/root rot breaks mid fight. I also had sky cloak but no fungi. Swarm caller may help if you can't source a seoc easily.?
I've had pretty poor luck with the Swarmcaller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The whole point in making money at this point is to source an SEoC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-15-2018, 11:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darguth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've had pretty poor luck with the Swarmcaller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The whole point in making money at this point is to source an SEoC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can definitely solo farm at least a swarmcaller for now; that's what I did (lots of harmony and pulled out from LCY through RCY near the basement entrance) , along with a lupine dagger. The SEoC has been rough lately.. sucks mini timers were nerfed on live and then here.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainik Stormseeker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can definitely solo farm at least a swarmcaller for now; that's what I did (lots of harmony and pulled out from LCY through RCY near the basement entrance) , along with a lupine dagger. The SEoC has been rough lately.. sucks mini timers were nerfed on live and then here.
Oh, I have a Swarmcaller. I was saying that I've had bad luck in using it to fish for slow procs to help with face-tank soloing, not that I've had a hard time acquiring one.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

haze panthers are more common than people think, respawn is fast. Don't let EC condition your mind in believing otherwise. Prices are all perception.
And there are quite a few cycle items that still yield massive net gains.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread