Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was under the impression the Sisters had all been moved to a safe distance for the port in?

In OOT you currently spawn with one of the sisters almost directly on top of you.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In OOT you currently spawn with one of the sisters almost directly on top of you.
Heh, cool.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:35 PM
Sarnak

Sounds like a blast actually >.<

But yes, you spawn in OOT at the end of the dock (land side) which is where a sister is almost always at.

-pushes Aeol to change OOT translocator's time while fixing the spawn point-

-nudge nudge-

:$
Old 02-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I agree that they should be altered a bit. I mean, Translocators weren't classic anyway, so if we can't fix them, why make it so hard for our evil friends?
Old 02-19-2010, 03:38 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Karsten?
Old 02-19-2010, 04:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
True, a sad sight few weeks back to see alot of ogre corpses at Freeport docks... Then at sister island there were more of his corpses, one of which had his big fat axe on it. Poor thing tried so hard. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-24-2010, 11:17 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to pick my battles. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
I tell my girlfriend the same thing, but she never listens.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tell my girlfriend the same thing, but she never listens.
Beat her with a sack of Sweet Valencia Oranges, won't leave a bruise but it will let her know who's boss.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:30 PM
Aviak

Can we at least be given something to do while we wait? Maybe we can hail an NPC nearby and they tell us jokes or trivia or riddles or something.

Yes, I demand this in-game. Don't even think about suggesting that I just go on the internet or something.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by yt2005 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we at least be given something to do while we wait? Maybe we can hail an NPC nearby and they tell us jokes or trivia or riddles or something.

Yes, I demand this in-game. Don't even think about suggesting that I just go on the internet or something.
But but ...... (wait for it) ...... that's not classic!!!!!!!

Lol. Isn't that what they says?

What I did back then was fish and craft while watching for "/shout boat!"

Honestly, there should be lots of things to do, like gambling and contests.

But ...... that's not classic!!!!!!! (that's what they says isn't it)

The least that could be done, while staying within the limits of "classic," is to hire a guide to run a series of gambling or contest events 24 hours around the clock at the port(s) to give people who're waiting some kind of entertainment. It's not too much to task a few people to do that. In my warped opinion - i'm so warped I live in multiple universes. It would need to be well organized, not winged or on the fly. The funnest events/games are planned or designed beforehand to establish continuity and fairness. Perhaps players could be rewarded for directing these events by granting them platinum. You remember getting a free lunch at school if you worked for half an hour washing the trays of the 4th, 5th and 6th graders? That might be too much to ask, but come on, something like this could work.

People need to remember that back then our mind was not on kunark or velious coming out in the "near" future. The future was not written yet. The atmosphere was more relaxed in tone. It's different now because people know what to expect, so things are a lot more rushed. My advice is to simmer down and not get so caught up in the grind. Take a break from it. Events like this can help us to remember it's just a game, and that we need to be diverse characters in order to fully exercise our free time.

We're people when you remove the hitpoints and armor class and level. People need more than just a grind.
Last edited by stormlord; 02-25-2010 at 04:34 PM..
Closed Thread