Old 11-28-2017, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

What is HITT

No I won't google it
Old 11-28-2017, 11:25 PM
Planar Protector

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is HITT

No I won't google it
high intensity interval training. it where you liek try to make your heart explode in 5 different ways as quickly as possible before you suffer muscle failure.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is HITT

No I won't google it
High Intensity Interval Training -- The main thing it refers to: doing stuff like a bunch of push-ups and squats at 100% effort to get your heart rate really high. Then rest, then do some other variation of exercise to jack that heart rate up again. Then rest...for up to like a half hour before anyone seriously doing it would be grateful for the end.

You can half ass it easy if not careful though. Like most in-shape 20-somethings seemed to be when I was in college. It's like they might as well have ran for 25 mins for how hard they worked.

HITT with any kind of barbell training...for extremely advanced fitness nuts only IMO. If you are trying to get starting muscle, you want to be focused on lifting the damn weight and getting your muscles bigger. Not your cardio intermixed with weight training.

But I tend to be of the mind set -- bigger muscles are generally what are going to make you look better (unless your already extremely muscular). Now once you get to a certain point HITT/Cossfit style seems to be the way to develop a kind of smaller-framed athletic physic that many find more appealing than larger framed builder types.

This is because if you bench press every workout -- you might have a less "well rounded" look than people that use alternative exercises for the chest. But It will probably still be bigger and you still lift more -- in some since you are just plain stronger than the crossfit guy in your exact situation -- he is more flexible instead and has higher endurance.

That's basically the debate. Is it better to constantly vary or not? I tend to like small amount of variation with a lot of the same basic ones. I think everyone should probably start that way even if variation is their more advanced method.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 11-28-2017 at 11:52 PM..
Old 11-29-2017, 12:16 AM
Sarnak

Exercise 30 minutes or so every day, pig out for breakfast and lunch but don't eat dinner, and eat lots of hot sauce. All this other nonsense about what foods to eat/avoid is a bunch of idiocy, I never have to worry about gaining weight.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:35 AM
Planar Protector

Could do the same thing with skipping breakfast. As I understand it, the important thing with intermittent fasting is the 16 hour break between meals. You get to eat more calories per meal while not going over your target intake. That's basically what you're doing and long as you're not a complete hog...

I haven't implemented that into my lifestyle yet, but the idea of keeping your insulin from spiking all day long when you eat throughout the day like Americans do makes quite a bit of sense. Anyone else have good results with this?
Last edited by Cecily; 11-29-2017 at 12:38 AM..
Old 11-29-2017, 01:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
high intensity interval training. it where you liek try to make your heart explode in 5 different ways as quickly as possible before you suffer muscle failure.
Stern cringe

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 11-29-2017, 04:46 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could do the same thing with skipping breakfast. As I understand it, the important thing with intermittent fasting is the 16 hour break between meals. You get to eat more calories per meal while not going over your target intake. That's basically what you're doing and long as you're not a complete hog...

I haven't implemented that into my lifestyle yet, but the idea of keeping your insulin from spiking all day long when you eat throughout the day like Americans do makes quite a bit of sense. Anyone else have good results with this?
Everyone is different but this does work. I prefer a 10\14 due to my metabolism but I can also eat 4-6k+ calories a day. I've gotten good results from a 4\20 also eating 3-4k. Just have to try and modify based on what your body responds to.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

A lot of marketing jargon in here. Strict diabetic diet, and your body will normalize over time. Avoid fructose, and exercise mildly.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of marketing jargon in here. Strict diabetic diet, and your body will normalize over time. Avoid fructose, and exercise mildly.
That's all I see, too. ^

I aint saying it's useless information but like the person from France touched on, "why do Americans do this?" Good question. Why are Americans the most obese, and why do they have all these complicated dieting plans?

Much of the dieting information shared in this thread has been dessiminated via marketing plans/scams created not to make people healthy but to make the marketers billions of dollars. Which they do.

The ideas behind these specialized diets are just taking rudimentary knowledge and complicating it by adding a bunch of intellectual sounding jargon to make people think they are smart when they read it and share it.

That's why the semi-snarky comment Cecily made in the very beginning actually is the soundest advice; burn more than you put in. That's really as simple and true as you can get when it comes to keeping a healthy weight for a normal healthy person. It goes without saying, you should eat the proper amount of protein, and veggies, etc. for optimal health. Avoiding processed sugars is always a healthy idea too.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's all I see, too. ^

I aint saying it's useless information but like the person from France touched on, "why do Americans do this?" Good question. Why are Americans the most obese, and why do they have all these complicated dieting plans?
A lot, I think, stems from the late 70's low fat craze where low fat (and consequently higher sugar) items are pushed, in addition to the workout craze being pushed. Not only did people start eating foods that were worse for them, but with the fitness craze people became bombarded with this idea that if you were slightly overweight you were lazy and useless, increasing stress, and pushing people to overeat even more. There's no doubt that if you can stick to a eating regimen and workout routine like JD laid out you can lose weight, but statistics say that the average person in the USA just can't do it.
Closed Thread