Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 04:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baugi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You missed the point entirely. The information he's trying to hide (their detection strategy) is readily available for an attacker. That doesn't mean actually cheating without getting caught is easy.

P99 offers an appropriate level of insight into their security in my opinion. I'm wholly unconvinced that AngryDev meets the same standards, let alone "far exceeds" P99.

All I see are people desperately defending a startup server despite lack of due diligence. I'm sure it has nothing to do with them getting rejected on Red for being cheats, bergs, sore losers, ect.
Neither of the devs got banned on Red99 for cheating. Tune has probably been banned more than anyone on Red99 and he is still playing. No dev is going to care about your thin line on what is too much or not enough information on what their hack detection is. The fact is, people were caught and banned already within the last week. How long has it been since any attention was given to Red99?

I understand reasons to not play RoZ if you are in an established guild on Red99 and want to keep raiding. Being worried about hacking is not a valid reason though, Red99 has no oversight, you can do whatever you want.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:26 PM
Fire Giant

Server thriving boys. Come make fun of Kringe and Pals with us as they boast about killing Master Yael, the boss that no one gives 2 fks about.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How long has it been since any attention was given to Red99?
Beestow ate the last MQ bans that I know of. He's over on RoZ with you now, lol.

It's cute that a random list of people banned based on unspecified criteria is enough to sell you though.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:49 AM
Kobold

Red is dead. Back to Zek.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baugi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Beestow ate the last MQ bans that I know of. He's over on RoZ with you now, lol.

It's cute that a random list of people banned based on unspecified criteria is enough to sell you though.
I'm not worried about hacking. I don't really care. I just pointed out how dumb you are for complaining that a Dev won't explain his cheat detection to the degree that you see fit.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not worried about hacking. I don't really care. I just pointed out how dumb you are for complaining that a Dev won't explain his cheat detection to the degree that you see fit.
You mean... at all? I'm not sure how to explain better that the level of detail I'm asking for is both industry standard and no risk to his detection system. Refusal to give that information out is a telltale sign that the system is shit (which makes sense given the number of historic cheaters currently playing on the server).

For someone who doesn't know or care about security, you seem really determined to defend AngryDev's security lol. Maybe you just like bantering? I don't mind if that's the case.
Old 07-15-2018, 07:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
industry standard
Got a good ole lol out of that, thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-15-2018, 07:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got a good ole lol out of that, thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Care to make a more substantive potshot or are you just bullshitting? I'm happy to provide examples and reasons.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:10 AM
Kobold

I took one nice hard turd today
Old 07-15-2018, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Care to make a more substantive potshot or are you just bullshitting? I'm happy to provide examples and reasons.
There's an industry standard in EQ emulator anti-cheat detection...that's real good [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]