Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Orc

Default Classic zone pop question.

Now when I started playing EQ back on live in 2000 Kunark was already out, now I didn’t hunt there untill level 50 ish. I just hit level 17 and I enjoy grouping more than soloing. With the server pop and the release of Kuarnk do you think the classic zones are going to be empty? And if so should I move on to some place like LOIO? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

thanks in advance for any feedback.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Kobold

On live people still used zones like Oasis, High Keep etc until at least Velious
Old 03-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anort [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now when I started playing EQ back on live in 2000 Kunark was already out, now I didn’t hunt there untill level 50 ish. I just hit level 17 and I enjoy grouping more than soloing. With the server pop and the release of Kuarnk do you think the classic zones are going to be empty? And if so should I move on to some place like LOIO? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

thanks in advance for any feedback.
How was classic pop for you back in 2000? Its possible the same (or similar) will happen here.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toony [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How was classic pop for you back in 2000? Its possible the same (or similar) will happen here.

Back on prexus (live) i didn't have any issues find groups in highkeep and classic leveling zones. I haven't had any luck with highkeep on P99 yet but i plan to check once i get alittle higher.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Banned

Groups are most likely going to go where the best exp modifiers are. That said, some of the old world dungeons will still be the place to be.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Sarnak

I've had quite a difficult time grouping in the 20s. I don't play during peak hours - early evenings EST. That's definitely part of the problem. I also felt like Kunark would make it even harder to group in classic zones, but it's just a guess.

If Kunark brings in more players overall then that's good, but I believe it will just primarily bring back old players who want to play on the new content. Moreover, people who may be grouping on low level alts will abandon the alts so they can level up their mains again.

Just some thoughts and concerns I had...

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Closed Thread