Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2020, 09:43 PM
Kobold

Default New rogue on green?

I’m considering making a rogue on green... probably a barbarian. I was curious as to if anyone else has given it a shot. I won’t have any gear to start with. Do rogues still do *okay* dps with what they can scrap together leveling in groups?
Old 03-15-2020, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

You’ll be totally fine. Make the character you want to play. Sure, a rogue can’t farm plat as easily as other classes, but you’ll get sellable items during your leveling/grouping journey and you can buy the items you need.

Join a leveling guild for more groups!
Old 03-15-2020, 10:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You’ll be totally fine. Make the character you want to play. Sure, a rogue can’t farm plat as easily as other classes, but you’ll get sellable items during your leveling/grouping journey and you can buy the items you need.

Join a leveling guild for more groups!
Are there any weapons I should keep an eye out for? The plan is to get suited up with some banded asap but weapons are a totally unfamiliar territory for me.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:03 AM
Sarnak

Bone dirks are super cheap atm.

Gloom water harpoon and polished steel dirk are good to, a little pricey though.
Old 03-17-2020, 05:29 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal_X [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are there any weapons I should keep an eye out for? The plan is to get suited up with some banded asap but weapons are a totally unfamiliar territory for me.
My weapon progression:
Giant Snake Fang (Blackburrow drop) - Cheap shield off-hand
Obsidian Shard (EC purchase around lvl 10)
Gloomwater Harpoon (around lvl 14) - Obsidian shard off-hand
Gloomwater Harpoon Main -- Polished Steel Dirk Off-hand (current @ lvl 20)

I am having a blast on my Barb Rogue. I've never played one before so I don't have any post-kunark memories to ruin it for me, but I am definitely having fun.

Not much money to be made in Blackburrow but fast xp. After that you can head to the W.Karana bandits and start making some cash for new weps.

Hope this helps!
Old 03-17-2020, 11:43 PM
Planar Protector

A rogue is one of the low key most fun classes.

1. It's like having someone grab your hand, take you along on a magical adventure, and all you do is look around and stab whatever they put in front of you.

2. Hardly ever dying, you see amazing things from the veil of hide/sneak as your puller brings in every kolobold in solb.

3. You get loot for free from like every zone.

4. You have friends everywhere because you're low maintenance and high output and they all picked the same 4 classes.

I'm sure I could go on, honestly I cant recommend it enough for green get some giant snake fangs and go kill some gnolls!
Last edited by Jibartik; 03-17-2020 at 11:55 PM..
Old 03-20-2020, 03:44 PM
Orc

I've been having a great time on mine so far. I picked up a full suit of banded from Aenor when I got 30p, just made it to 10 and have been nuking things from behind with my Fine Steel Rapier. Hoping to get a Bone Dirk or Jambiya soon.

Join us!
Closed Thread