Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 09:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by doormat00 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys are gonna make the GMs root the giants next.
I would love to see this happen, killing aow in the arena would be insane
Old 02-09-2022, 10:18 AM
Sarnak

Some of you guys should stop playing p99 and go work at some computer coding company.
Old 02-09-2022, 11:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterChimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of you guys should stop playing p99 and go work at some computer coding company.
Or code an anti-cheat 3rd party application and require all racers have it
Old 02-09-2022, 12:48 PM
Aviak

Races should be comprised of 10 level 5 characters for each team, all who are bound at the starting line, no sow at all.

Racers can use anything available to them at level 5, and basically just yolo towards statue/kt/whatever over and over until the target slowly gets pulled to zl. Still must have FTE and clean pull to win. Register all racers ahead of time for easy log review (Vanqone, Vanqtwo, Riotone, Riottwo, etc.). Nobody else on engage logs during pull.

Hard to really cheat that, and getting off the line early does nothing. Plus it would be wildly entertaining to watch.
Old 02-09-2022, 01:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Races should be comprised of 10 level 5 characters for each team, all who are bound at the starting line, no sow at all.

Racers can use anything available to them at level 5, and basically just yolo towards statue/kt/whatever over and over until the target slowly gets pulled to zl. Still must have FTE and clean pull to win. Register all racers ahead of time for easy log review (Vanqone, Vanqtwo, Riotone, Riottwo, etc.). Nobody else on engage logs during pull.

Hard to really cheat that, and getting off the line early does nothing. Plus it would be wildly entertaining to watch.
lmao at that point just require all racers to be KoS
Old 02-09-2022, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Again, the problem is most people who are agreeing with OP's evidence do not have a firm grasp of how data transfer over the internet works. Not trying to insult anybody here, but it is evident from previous posts.

Lets say the Rolling Player has a 20ms ping, Racer A has a 30ms ping, and Racer B has a 100ms ping.

Racer A is going to receive the Rolling Player's message 25ms after the Rolling Player typed /random (10ms for it to get to the server, and 15ms for it to get to Racer A).

Racer B is going to receive the Rolling Player's message 60ms after the Rolling Player typed /random (10ms for it to get to the server, and 50ms for it to get to Racer B).

This means Racer A will always have at least a 35ms advantage over Racer B, as long as their internet situations do not change. There is NO WAY around the data transfer problem, until there is a leap in technology.

And this isn't even taking into account the other factors, such as screen refresh rate, the player's actual reaction time, etc.

If we DID have all of that data, we could figure out if a racer had faster than average reaction time, because we would know exactly when each player saw the message, and account for that.

This isn't to say I am for cheating. I simply understand that there is no reasonable way in which a GM can make a decision, which is probably why they haven't acted. I feel sorry for OP, because he would have saved a lot of time in his research if he had understood this first.
Old 02-09-2022, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I simply understand that there is no reasonable way in which a GM can make a decision, which is probably why they haven't acted. I feel sorry for OP, because he would have saved a lot of time in his research if he had understood this first.
This isn't a court of law, Stunningly is obviously cheating, ban him
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 02-09-2022, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't a court of law, Stunningly is obviously cheating, ban him
Except it isn't obvious, due to the obvious holes in OP's technical knowledge. How isn't it obvious? Read my previous post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, the problem is most people who are agreeing with OP's evidence do not have a firm grasp of how data transfer over the internet works. Not trying to insult anybody here, but it is evident from previous posts.

Lets say the Rolling Player has a 20ms ping, Racer A has a 30ms ping, and Racer B has a 100ms ping.

Racer A is going to receive the Rolling Player's message 25ms after the Rolling Player typed /random (10ms for it to get to the server, and 15ms for it to get to Racer A).

Racer B is going to receive the Rolling Player's message 60ms after the Rolling Player typed /random (10ms for it to get to the server, and 50ms for it to get to Racer B).

This means Racer A will always have at least a 35ms advantage over Racer B, as long as their internet situations do not change. There is NO WAY around the data transfer problem, until there is a leap in technology.

And this isn't even taking into account the other factors, such as screen refresh rate, the player's actual reaction time, etc.

If we DID have all of that data, we could figure out if a racer had faster than average reaction time, because we would know exactly when each player saw the message, and account for that.

This isn't to say I am for cheating. I simply understand that there is no reasonable way in which a GM can make a decision, which is probably why they haven't acted. I feel sorry for OP, because he would have saved a lot of time in his research if he had understood this first.
Old 02-09-2022, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jesus this is already falling apart.

I've wrote in length how the only way two ways you can game a roll on spawn via scripts is 1. To start running on pop (Aka, ALL races need to be roll offs) and my second point, in which I stressed in great length, that on a race on spawn via roll off, the difference between a script and say ME running off the line is going to be almost no advantage. And that a low ping+High reaction time would matter more than a script + high ping. It already looks like you are proving my point.

You have the scripter in the front. RIGHT behind him is stunningly, but with an obvious gap. Yup, Stunningly almost had the same reaction time as a script. I would too. Stunningly uses a Gina trigger to play a loud ass sound when there's a roll over 900. Meaning as soon as that loud ass beep goes out your running. WE actually did a human benchmark test 2 weeks ago, stunningly was in the same realm as I was, consistently able to get into the 150 ms range.

And then, to further prove my point, the THIRD person to move off the line? Laughingor, a player with high reaction time, but plays from china. So huge ping. And then the rest. How could you all be so slow?

I'm 5 minutes into the video, and it seems you are proving my previous hypothesis more so than showing me obvious cheating.... but i'll keep watching i'm interested.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...=342413&page=4

Quote:
Old 11-26-2019, 02:33 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek View Post
And since there's only 6 action slots (cancer) you're forced to either use that for stopsong macros or double tap and use those slots for instruments (you'll need all 6). I understand and agree with keeping things classic but having only 6 slots (especially since action binds don't work) and having to double tap is beyond stupid so I made a script that allows you to single tap so you can use those slots for instruments. You can get it here with a readme on how to use: Its not technically "allowed" but its not a hack either. And all it does is make a bards life viable.

This is 100% against the rules and you will be banned for it if we catch you. Thanks for admitting it though, makes my job easier.
Quote:
Old 11-26-2019, 03:49 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They won't know you're using it. Even though you could get banned. And that's only one part of what I said. The rest is good advice. And everything you said is stupid and wrong as already proven.

You are giving bad advice. Please stop.
11-26-2019, 04:34 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And the fact is that there is nothing wrong with using a script to single tap songs, besides according to the irrational iron fist. Because its not the same as using AHK to afk farm for example. So good luck with your servers but I hope you'll reflect and be more reasonable in the future for your own sake.

Peace

It does not matter how much you think it impacts or compares to running macros. You don’t get to decide which macro use is acceptable or not. Using macro type scripts to automate functions, gives an unfair advantage. It is also against the rules.
Old 02-09-2022, 01:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Except it isn't obvious, due to the obvious holes in OP's technical knowledge. How isn't it obvious? Read my previous post.
Rooting the Giants will very much guarantee that any guild outside of Vanquish/Seal Team will never have a shot. The more people you can afk at zoneline = your guild winning the mob. Same thing with Vulak/Vyemm/Eashen etc etc.

Doze is a different story of course... you probably need only a minimum of 40 to kill doze, but at least 15 people of those 40 need to know EXACTLY what they are doing in terms of training out the trash and keeping it trained.

And Shamwowi is explaining a point i've been trying to make for years here, and it's that PING is more of an advantage as most people would guess. If Kickenit (The only person who seems to ME to be scripting in these videos) had 100 ping, he'd roughly get off the line at the same time if not slower than somebody with 20 ping. Which is why I think we might as well switch to full window rolls and just a brisk start time, instead of randoms.