Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As the mage you're talking about, I feel its important to bring up the facts you deglected to include.

I didn't accept your invite because after you asked me to help you due to having your nuke resisted 3 times I sent in my pet and then LD'ed from a power flicker from the hurricane.

I came back to your corpse, and when I got the AC you never even asked me for the ring, or to hold it, you didnt even mention that you were on the boat until I offered to hold the camp for you. Way to paint me as a douchebag though... But I COULDN'T accept your invite because I was LD and YOU knew that, leaving this fact out makes you suspect. You never asked me to hold it for you or anything.
Would you have held it/let him have it had he asked?

I mean, I know the one time I've ever dealt with you I was horribly disappointed with your behavior, to say the least. But I'm not going to post the story or turn this into a R&F thread.

just sayin' is all
Old 08-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I mean, I know the one time I've ever dealt with you I was horribly disappointed with your behavior, to say the least. But I'm not going to post the story or turn this into a R&F thread.

just sayin' is all
Err, apparently this already IS an R&F thread, lol.

I thought I was in the regular server chat forum. Oops.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry for double post, But meant to add:

At least you didn't drop my name in your smear post.
I never do that, drop names, that's kid's stuff. But kudos to you for stepping up to the plate. You did come right up to me while I was killing it and my first tell was HHHHEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP! After that I would have know what anyone was talking about. And I did ask if you wanted the camp, indicating that I was in possession of it.

All I'm saying is that I've never just run up to one of these hard camps and got a mob to spawn in 6 mins. If it were me, I'd have kept it for ya. But that's me. Or i would have tried hard.

That enough for ya?
Old 08-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

just sayin' is all
From this info, it makes sense. A repeat offender, hmm.

You said you come every 4 hours (was it 4 with your ridiculous calculation?) to "check" on the AC. Maybe you were just hoping this situation would present itself and it did...perfectly. The PH right before the AC is usually highest lvl, yes. If camp were empty, I'd say CONGRATS! But you knew I had the camp. You knew I resisted a bunch of times. You knew what I wanted. And you knew I was OMW back fast. I hit EFP and saw boat, so I was extremely fast to get back. How can you say you didn't know what I wanted? Would you have held the AC if I said, oh btw, I was camping that AC there for that ringie. Pretty please save it for moi?

In your defense, you played by the server's rules. Well done. Or wait..maybe you can put in the time to actually get the job done instead of try to camp steal again. You didn't KS and you did send your pet at the PH. And I thank you 1000 times. Thank you!
Old 08-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiah2011 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I waited like 2 week straight to get Jboot,Get over it
Wow, you're awesome.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Orc

This is a banned person creating a fake story and alibi from the supposed person that they have a conflict with?
Old 08-28-2011, 09:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoodowg2000bc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a banned person creating a fake story and alibi from the supposed person that they have a conflict with?
Brilliant deductive powers Sherlock. If what you're saying is true, then how come I was in OOT at 6AM this morning and can log on anytime I want to now?

Supporter of the alleged?

Xaxian
Old 08-29-2011, 03:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm 47 now and want my jboots, not unreasonable, right? I'm a wizard so I can quad. If I had jboots it would be much easier to do. I had them on Live way back and I want them again now. It is time. Maybe.

Thursday...started in Sro, why? Because I know how to camp the AC there. Yes, I know the camp perfectly. First day, I put in a good 13 hours, around 25 PHs, no ring. But I set up camp and a guildie gets them. Yay!

Friday...again Sro. Why? Because I checked OOT and the line was 4 or 5 deep. Also I didn't know if I could solo the PH there. Another 6 hours, 12 PHs, no ring. Camp is set up perfectly, another guildie gets them. Hooray!!

Saturday..again...you guess it, Sro. Got up at 4AM put in 3 hours, nothing. I camp come back someone has camp. Cool. I stay with them, show them the ropes and am in and out doing guild stuff and whatnot.

Sunday....Tic toc, tic toc...it's now close to 3AM and no AC (plus it's this morning now).

I leave and hit OOT for a change. Feorah and From are holding camp, and as I get there Feorah gets her ring. Awesome! 3 hours between ACs they both got their rings. It's a reasonable time to put into this camp, and I'm happy for my friends. They help me for an hour and have to leave so I call up a lvl 35 necro to help me. Now at 47, the highest PH is a bit tough for us. I snare, she fears, we kill. I had to camp aggro twice because of snare resists with her FD'ing. CCs are called all night...there are only 6-8 people in zone with peps at seafuries and Dino AND there is no line for the camp. Noone sent me a tell for the camp.

So at a little before 6 AM (I'm EST), she LDs, presumedly because of the weather. Hurricane is kicking up, winds and all here. I'm soloing now, and a cyclops pops but he's tough. Resists snare right away, no SoW, and I try and kite the sucker. I get him to about 50% and I'm less and I'm going to camp aggro. Then Lo and Behold, a high gnome mage arrives! I jump up and ask for help. Mage attackes with pet, but does not accept my invite into for a group. I throw some nukes, he's on me, I die.....

Now at this time, the mage has the camp, I'm in OT, and I just know after putting in my 3 hours that the AC is going to pop. He sends me a tell..."Hail an Ancient Cyclops." Port to Nro, run to EFP, boat there! At this point I know I'm lost. The "rules" of the games state you leave you lose camp of course. Camp is LOST to me.. MY camp.. Camp I put MY time into. Mage does hold camp for me but I'm back in a jiffy....and into my 4th day, kinda peeves...well honestly I'm totally PISSED even now.

These things happen, right? WRONG! I went through in my count 55 PHs of the AC with no ring. The probability (if it were random) of this happening is 1-(0.9)^55 which is equal to 0.003. This mean 3 in 1000 times this should happen. So I'm unlucky? No. What should have happened was mage accepting my invite, helping me out, wait til I was back to kill AC, and me get my ring. I do not care what YOU think, this is the right way to play. It's the ethical thing to do. With 365 accounts in disarray now, we should be focusing on ethics now instead of the "RULES." Grow up you guys. If the tables were turned, yes I would have held camp and given YOU the drop. And those who know me would agree 100%.

But in those 3 hours, I did get to talk to a most wonderful, beautiful person in this game. In all honestly, I wouldn't have traded this "failure" for anything, because we chatted and she helped me with the camp. I'm sorry you went LD, because that was YOUR ring there. I was going to give it to you because I can get it anytime now. Go ahead, state your silly opinions now about the "rules" of the game with zero regard to the feelings of others. As a guildleader if there are any of you with honor, integrity, and principles, please apply to Prodigy. I know there are some of you out there. All of you others who play by the rules, go screw yourselves.

I am taking a few weeks off now...still pissed.

Xaxian
So...did you get your ring? I'm confused. Also, SRo SUCKS...I spent 36+ hours straight there trying to camp a ring...went to OoT and got it in 3 hours.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:47 AM
Aviak

I've gotten 5 rings this month, only the first time took me longer than a couple hours. Once I got it in 30 minutes.

sorry for your bad luck
Old 08-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennoia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So...did you get your ring? I'm confused. Also, SRo SUCKS...I spent 36+ hours straight there trying to camp a ring...went to OoT and got it in 3 hours.
I just can't stay away, it seems.

Logged on to find OOT camped by Varmov, nice guy. He put me on his list and within 2 hours he got his. Pampers was next on list and thinking it was going to be a long night, bound myself on the island. I figured when not try to get some exp and form an Efreet group. Did all the pick-ups and I get a tell from Pampers that I'm up! Well, some friends needed to get groups to Hate so I did that first and Pampers held camp for me. Thank you so much man, you didn't have to do that and I'm eternally grateful. So when I got to OOT, Sidarious (who missed his tell) was actually on the island. Even with that, Pampers handed it off to me and Sidarious agreed because he missed tell being on another toon.

So Sid and I group and he says he going to use his powers of concentration to get the AC to pop, after hearing my ordeal. It's only been 3 PHs since Pamp got his, but yes, the AC pops, I get my ring, and saga over.

Also, Sid got his ring within 2 hours (I believe) so I was glad he camped it for a short time.

Thank you Vormav, Pampers, and Sidarious for your integrity and honesty with the camp. You guys made my night!

Now I have to get insurance to handle this tree that hit my house yesterday! Stuff outside of EQ...wow.

Xaxian
Closed Thread