Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 03:08 PM
Banned

Default An open letter to Unbrella

Hail and well met fellow adventurers today we will tone down the FE/TMO drama and talk about a more serious topic.

Real Money Trades.

The other day I was browsing that super funny thread about bouncer or someone buying that Mage and it showing up on some RMT site.

The fact people would be that dumb made me laugh and I wondered if I could find more people there.

At first I was unlucky as I that site is mostly a live EQ website and not a P99 I had only seen a VERY recently posted account for a bard. I tried to match it up with anyone and I had failed though it struck me as familiar.

Then it struck me! I saw that same bard a week earlier when I was browsing taslehoffs awesome VP thread on the FE members forums . It was being sold by a known RMTer and MQ user supremacy someone who was banned before for doing such things.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I don't want to get in trouble by posting the RMT website but it's a popular guide website for MQ users on live from what it looks like the post is still up ATM.

So I'm sitting on this information thinking of what I should do. I don't really thing RMT is this horrible thing honestly I saw it done on live all the time and while I dislike FE the character was McBard and I liked him when he played so his character deserves better.

So I send Unbrella a tell while we are at Trak and talk to him. He told me that he already KNEW about the thread because he caught and removed another player from his guild the very same day. I ask him what he is going to do and he tells me that he will talk to supremacy later and see what's up. I tell him I will wait on posting a thread for a bit to give him time to figure out what's going on.

Almost immediately after talking to Unbrella the sellers forum post was not with multiple recently created accounts accusing the seller of being a TMO member trying to discredit supremacy. It looks like FE had a contingency plan that involved deflecting anything negative about there guild back onto TMO.

While someone making a fake account is not outside the realm of possibility I agree the fact that these character auctions where only posted inside the FE full member forum makes me leery of that. Now I have multiple compromised accounts in FE and these accounts are held by two people in our guild myself and one other person who is the main reason we have them but does not forum quest. So it IS a possibility that the post is fake but since it is supremacy involved and the secretive nature of his auction in the first place raises flags.

Being a "fat joe American pig who loves to grief people" -Visceral I decided to post this information here on rants and flames.

Good night and god bless
Old 04-09-2013, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Tiggles you're fat.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tiggles you're fat.
Ur*
Old 04-09-2013, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ur*
u'r*
Old 04-09-2013, 03:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
u'r*
'ur

Also I heard glitch In vent yesterday

Was glorious
Old 04-09-2013, 03:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hail and well met fellow adventurers today we will tone down the FE/TMO drama and talk about a more serious topic.

Real Money Trades.

The other day I was browsing that super funny thread about bouncer or someone buying that Mage and it showing up on some RMT site.

The fact people would be that dumb made me laugh and I wondered if I could find more people there.

At first I was unlucky as I that site is mostly a live EQ website and not a P99 I had only seen a VERY recently posted account for a bard. I tried to match it up with anyone and I had failed though it struck me as familiar.

Then it struck me! I saw that same bard a week earlier when I was browsing taslehoffs awesome VP thread on the FE members forums . It was being sold by a known RMTer and MQ user supremacy someone who was banned before for doing such things.

I don't want to get in trouble by posting the RMT website but it's a popular guide website for MQ users on live from what it looks like the post is still up ATM.

So I'm sitting on this information thinking of what I should do. I don't really thing RMT is this horrible thing honestly I saw it done on live all the time and while I dislike FE the character was McBard and I liked him when he played so his character deserves better.

So I send Unbrella a tell while we are at Trak and talk to him. He told me that he already KNEW about the thread because he caught and removed another player from his guild the very same day. I ask him what he is going to do and he tells me that he will talk to supremacy later and see what's up. I tell him I will wait on posting a thread for a bit to give him time to figure out what's going on.

Almost immediately after talking to Unbrella the sellers forum post was not with multiple recently created accounts accusing the seller of being a TMO member trying to discredit supremacy. It looks like FE had a contingency plan that involved deflecting anything negative about there guild back onto TMO.

While someone making a fake account is not outside the realm of possibility I agree the fact that these character auctions where only posted inside the FE full member forum makes me leery of that. Now I have multiple compromised accounts in FE and these accounts are held by two people in our guild myself and one other person who is the main reason we have them but does not forum quest. So it IS a possibility that the post is fake but since it is supremacy involved and the secretive nature of his auction in the first place raises flags.

Being a "fat joe American pig who loves to grief people" -Visceral I decided to post this information here on rants and flames.

Good night and god bless
surely if this conversation did happen you have the screenshots to back it up....
Old 04-09-2013, 03:21 PM
Banned

RMT is a well known thing at this point in time. It shouldn't strike anyone that either guild partakes in such activity. The only way to stop it is if the people in charge want it to stop.

1. Re-ban all the toons that have ever been caught buying or selling plat or accounts.

2. make it illegal to trade or sell accounts.

3. when you ban someone don't go back on your word 6 months from now.

4. make it illegal to trade or sell accounts.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
'ur

Also I heard glitch In vent yesterday

Was glorious
He stole the magic of it for me.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Banned

FE member selling some of his accounts to other FE members.

GG fat joe, looks like you fight the boredom of your life by reading our board [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Banned

I took a screenshot of the forum post just now and cropped out the URL so I don't get banned (I hope)

Closed Thread