Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 01:40 AM
Kobold

Default Necromancer Progress

Hello all, I've recently made it to 55 on my necromancer and I'm starting to consider getting into some raids or camps to get some of that sweet no-drop gear. In classic, this is the highest I've ever had a character so I'm totally unfamiliar with what my role as a necromancer would be or what the best route to pursue for gear would be.

Do people typically just do in-guild raids or are there usually a lot of pickup groups going on? What can I do to be the most efficient and useful as a Necromancer to a raid? I'd appreciate any tips and tricks to all of this as it'll be an entirely new experience to me. Thanks!
Old 12-01-2018, 02:10 AM
Planar Protector

make a macro to cast shadow bond, target yourself and dispel yourself. Free 500 HP HOT that will make any group love you. Also, mem your low duration mez to help CC and root melee adds. A lazy necro will never be wanted in a group, but an active healing, mezzing, rooting necro makes a group never need to take breaks.

With raiding you will just twitch the clerics or other healers.

As far as gear, HOT gear will be your primary focus. You can look at other gear on the wiki and find what's in your price range. You can level in Velks by root/rotting and can make some plat that way. You can get a COTH to POM and bind there and farm all the rat maze as well. Charming in HS basement is probably the best xp, but requires your full attention. You can also look at root rotting on second floor in COM and the goo steps.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 12-01-2018, 02:37 AM
Planar Protector

CoM is pretty bad at 55 I would imagine. Learning to work the basement in HS is the best option by far for a necro.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 12-01-2018, 04:26 PM
Aviak

For raiding, if you are in a large guild that usually fields more then 4grps for a raid you will be a twitch bot 98% of the time with the other 2% of the you’ll be FD’d while everyone else dies...if you can find a smaller raid grp you’ll feel more useful having your pet out and dps’n and of course still twitch’n but only as needed not as a job.

Learn the mechanics of FD (it is more complicated then people think) and realize when it has failed prior to your death so you can save yourself and Rez the Raid when things go sideways
Old 12-01-2018, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With raiding you will just twitch the clerics or other healers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
save yourself and Rez the Raid when things go sideways
I think that pretty much sums up Necro raiding (or at least 90+%), plus you'll also do some corpse summoning from time to time in zones like Plane of Sky. It may not sound glamorous, but when you save the entire raid with FD and a soul stone that is pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal_X [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do people typically just do in-guild raids or are there usually a lot of pickup groups going on?
Hyjal organizes sporadic raids (I've seen ones for Kael, ToV, and Plane of Growth), but otherwise there's not a whole lot of communal raiding going on. The vast majority of raiding is done by guilds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal_X [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What can I do to be the most efficient and useful as a Necromancer to a raid?
Get the Discord app, listen carefully to what your raid leaders tell you to do (you don't have to talk), and follow their directions. That sounds obvious, and yet many people have difficulty with it. Other than that, twitch a lot, and when the raid leaders yell something to the effect of "oh crap, camp a cleric" hit feign death (and be sure to have some soul stones on you).

Also I'd be remiss not to mention that Anonymous is recruiting. We welcome new raiders and happily teach people how to raid. We have two regular raid nights (8pm EST/5pm PST: Wed = Plane of Sky, which you need for your epic, and Fri = HoT, a chance to get a suit of Dragon Armor), plus we raid other targets on other nights. All in all we're fairly relaxed/casual and have no raiding requirements to stay in the guild.

But if Anonymous doesn't suit you, for whatever reason, check out the guilds page in the wiki to find a guild that fits you better.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think that pretty much sums up Necro raiding (or at least 90+%), plus you'll also do some corpse summoning from time to time in zones like Plane of Sky. It may not sound glamorous, but when you save the entire raid with FD and a soul stone that is pretty cool.

Hyjal organizes sporadic raids (I've seen ones for Kael, ToV, and Plane of Growth), but otherwise there's not a whole lot of communal raiding going on. The vast majority of raiding is done by guilds.

Get the Discord app, listen carefully to what your raid leaders tell you to do (you don't have to talk), and follow their directions. That sounds obvious, and yet many people have difficulty with it. Other than that, twitch a lot, and when the raid leaders yell something to the effect of "oh crap, camp a cleric" hit feign death (and be sure to have some soul stones on you).

Also I'd be remiss not to mention that Anonymous is recruiting. We welcome new raiders and happily teach people how to raid. We have two regular raid nights (8pm EST/5pm PST: Wed = Plane of Sky, which you need for your epic, and Fri = HoT, a chance to get a suit of Dragon Armor), plus we raid other targets on other nights. All in all we're fairly relaxed/casual and have no raiding requirements to stay in the guild.

But if Anonymous doesn't suit you, for whatever reason, check out the guilds page in the wiki to find a guild that fits you better.
All of the help in this thread has been awesome and in particular information about guilds and my potential roles in a raid has been great.

I might have to take you up on Anonymous, though. When I have the time I'll definitely have a look at the forum thread and deduce from there whether or not they seem right for me, thanks!
Old 12-03-2018, 05:31 AM
Fire Giant

I didn't see anyone else mention being part of the pull team or train up/down team. I mean outside ToV and VP you will probably mostly be twitching / casting DMF. In some cases (like for instance Plane of Fear) you will also sometimes be charming an undead mob for dps.

In VP, if you aren't part of the pull team you almost might as well not be there aside from buffing DMF. The dragons have so few hp and die so fast that clerics running out of mana is not a thing so twitching only really matters for recovery after a wipe.

You can however be a massive addition to a VP raid by learning how to train up and goal keep (goal keeping means standing ahead of the raid when the boss comes down towards the raid and aggro any potential adds that weren't picked up by the train down team and run them away from the raid).

It's the same to an extent in Ntov though here, twitching is required for sure. So yeah, in Ntov you can just be a mana battery but again being part of the train up group or even train down in some cases is very much within the scope of the class and your raid will love you.
Closed Thread