Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2020, 03:38 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Thank you staff for Project 1999

Project 1999 Green has been my first ever experience of Everquest.

I've played most MMORPGs over the last 15 years, my favourite being Vanguard Saga of Heroes - but unfortunately I never gave EQ a try and I was a bit too young when it released.

When I found an article about P99 Green, I felt it would be a mistake not to take this opportunity to try the game.

Playing on Green, I think has been the most fun I've had in an MMORPG in a long time - I enjoy the 90s era graphics and once I learnt the basics, set up my UI etc. I began really enjoying the game.

It is now easily my second favourite MMORPG ever (only after VG, because that holds a special place for me) and has made me realise that it's quite a shame the genre progressed the way it did.

I think it's unfortunate to see so much negativity here on the forums, the community in-game has been wonderful, welcoming and very willing to help a new player.

So I wanted to make this thread - for some positivity, to say thank you very much to the staff for creating Project 1999 - it's amazing and I'm having so much fun.

I'm so glad P99 exists and that you've given me the opportunity to have this experience.

Thank you.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:26 AM
Fire Giant

Amen!!
Old 01-23-2020, 04:50 AM
Planar Protector

People come here to bitch, it's selection bias. But for every 10 people here being loud there are 1300 more in game having fun. Easy to forget that sometimes.

P99 is pretty damn good and the staff are level headed and generally excellent.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:53 AM
Large Rat

I played EQ back in the day (quit after POP) and had a little dabble on live to see how it is now... leveled some straggling alts to 60-70 in empty zones, occasionally bumping into level 110 ubers with hundreds of particle effects flying off them, an army of mercs and teddy bear familiars, while riding dinosaurs. It was a bizarre experience to say the least.

P99 and specifically the merged Green server, has given us all a chance to come back and see EQ as it was when it first started - hard, unforgiving but with a great community with random peeps buffing, passing on items to noobs, helping with corpse runs in Befallen and the EC tunnel filled with people peddling their wares with tonnes of banter in OOC. Its great [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. A big thanks to the staff.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:07 AM
Sarnak

Concur. Haven't been able to play the last month or so, but thanks again. Had so much playing for the first two months and hopefully will be able to get back at it soon.

Thanks for all your hard work and for providing an awesome gaming experience from a bygone era.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People come here to bitch, it's selection bias. But for every 10 people here being loud there are 1300 more in game having fun. Easy to forget that sometimes.

^
Old 01-23-2020, 11:38 AM
Fire Giant

Don't forget to donate if you're enjoying it! Green has been great fun for 97.5% of my time so far as well.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 01-23-2020, 01:53 PM
Kobold

Ill keep it going. I played EQ hardcore form 99-09/10 or so. Havent gamed much since then and coming back to EQ and this truly Classic experience has been nothing short of amazing! Thanks guys!
Old 01-24-2020, 01:04 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:

Yea I understand, forums often seem quite negative and aren't wholly representative of the community.

I just thought it was sad to see so much negativity, complaninig - people behaving entitled and childish - especially considering this project was created and is maintained by volunteers and is available for anyone to play, for free.

(There's nothing wrong with voicing criticism, but everything I saw was not at all constructive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't forget to donate if you're enjoying it! Green has been great fun for 97.5% of my time so far as well.
I have donated, only a small amount - but I intend to donate more when I can.
Closed Thread