Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's been too long for me to remember, but you might be right. I hope you are.

It's a minor version of the skipping that boats do. For me the new boat skips like I have a terrible framerate, when I'm watching it not when I'm on it. Players often do the same thing only a lot less exaggerated.

It's why I'm not too keen on playing on red99. I'm gonna try it but I think the skipping around will be too annoying for me.
Are these players at distance by chance? Because now that you mentioned boats skipping when in distance it would make sense that LOD in distance is cutting out frames on distant objects in order to improve framerate... function which was useful when EQ used top of the line PCs but is no longer useful.

So maybe go into your video settings and try toggling it off/on? Also make sure everything else is turned up.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:51 AM
Large Rat

Hello, I recently returned to P99 and have gotten the dreaded "Spells file is outdated" message. I have used your installer and used the eqemu launcher but I still get the same message at char select screen. Here are the solutions I have tried.

I have moved my EQ folder from program files to C:.
I have ran the EQEmu launcher as administrator.
I have done option 1 and option 12 in your installer.

I am at a loss as to what my next step is. In the launcher it is saying its patching the spells. Or at least something like "patch \uifiles\default\spells01.tga" and on down to spells07.tga. I just have no idea what I could be doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Old 11-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Large Rat

I just did a reinstall and am still getting the spells file is outdated....blegh. Also, some more info that might be helpful; I haven't played P99 since about Feb 2010. Don't know if that matters at all.

Thanks!
Old 11-18-2011, 01:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatLakes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just did a reinstall and am still getting the spells file is outdated....blegh. Also, some more info that might be helpful; I haven't played P99 since about Feb 2010. Don't know if that matters at all.

Thanks!
It shouldnt matter. Make sure that when you run EQemu you select Project 1999 server from the menu on the right and let EQemu patch it... dont skip patching.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:14 AM
Large Rat

yep, it's patching it. that is why I'm so confused.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatLakes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yep, it's patching it. that is why I'm so confused.
Just wait for it to patch to the latest version and then try again it should be all good [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] If not, make sure you run Eqemu as administrator otherwise windows might prevent it from overwriting the files with updated ones.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:35 PM
Large Rat

It completes the patch pretty quickly, maybe 5 seconds. then opens up P99 for me. I am running it as admin as well. Still getting spells file outdated...

Is there nay reason why Eqemu wouldn't patch everything that is needed?
Old 11-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
It completes the patch pretty quickly, maybe 5 seconds. then opens up P99 for me. I am running it as admin as well. Still getting spells file outdated...

Is there nay reason why Eqemu wouldn't patch everything that is needed?
Are you using a Titanium client? Have you tried reinstalling? It sounds like you have a modified client.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Large Rat

Yes, I have Titanium and I have tried reinstalling. What is the best way to remove it completely from my computer? Just deleting the EQ file in C:\? maybe I didnt clear everything out.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are these players at distance by chance? Because now that you mentioned boats skipping when in distance it would make sense that LOD in distance is cutting out frames on distant objects in order to improve framerate... function which was useful when EQ used top of the line PCs but is no longer useful.

So maybe go into your video settings and try toggling it off/on? Also make sure everything else is turned up.
No it's not distance. I don't know what it is that causes some players (the majority of them really) to seem to skip a few frames when they're running and turning. I tried following a groupmate in Oasis who was running around and turning a lot, and it was headache-inducing. I almost couldn't even predict where he was going, let alone track him via eyesight. One moment he's running straight, the next he's turned right and almost out of view, the next he's turned left, and always there was the feeling of some frames being skipped.