Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Old 11-09-2023, 06:27 PM
Aviak

Default Ak'Anon and Halas Tradeskill Vendor Update

The Dec 20, 2001 patch added new tradeskill vendors to Ak'Anon and Halas. These would be out of era for the P99 timeline.
Quote:
* Added a few trade skill vendors to Ak'Anon.
* Added ore, clay, pottery sketch, baking, and brewing vendors to Felwithe to round out the tradeskill supplies available in Felwithe and Kelethin.
* Added clay, ore and brewing supply vendors to Halas.
The Felwithe vendors mentioned in this patch have already been removed from P99.

Ak'Anon

- Dec 2001 EQTraders - Ak'Anon vs. Feb 2002 EQTraders - Ak'Anon
Quote:
City evaluation: Baking, fishing, basic fletching, basic tailoring, jewelcraft and smithing are the more accessible skills for a young gnome. Brewing and pottery are difficult without additional travel.
OOE NPCs
* a clockwork brewmaster (1264, -924) - brewing supply vendor
* a clockwork sketcher (761, -140) - pottery vendor (all sketches but vial)

There are 2 NPCs with the same name, inventory, and X/Y position, but located on different levels of the tower. This appears to be a duplicate spawn on P99. Both should be removed.
* a clockwork miner (760, -155, -14) - clay/ore vendor
* a clockwork miner (760, -155, -30) - clay/ore vendor

A Jun 2002 EQTraders capture shows additional NPCs added to Ak'Anon between Feb and Jun. This likely occurred in the May 8, 2002 patch which greatly expanded tradeksills and added newbie armor quests to Ak'Anon and Steamfont Mountains (The patch notes from May 9, 2002 mention the "late news" of the day before).
* a clockwork potter (750, -173) - pottery vendor (clay, firing sheets, glass shards, vial sketches)
* a clockwork armorer (1220, -703) - small fine plate molds vendor (listed as "a clockwork merchant" on EQTraders, but same inventory/loc)
* a clockwork armorer (1321, -740) - small chainmail patterns vendor (This armorer is in a building of weaponsmiths, dead giveaway!)
* a clockwork merchant (1170, -745) - container/file mold vendor
* ClockworkSmithXIII (2163, -540) - weapon mold vendor with an inventory not found pre-Luclin (listed as "clockwork smith" on EQTraders but same inventory/loc)
This NPC is used in various newbie armor quests.

A clockwork armorer and a clockwork merchant are shared names, but aside from those, none of the above are present in a Dec 2000 capture of a EQMaps infosheet for Ak'Anon.

Halas

- Dec 2001 EQTraders - Halas vs. Feb 2002 EQTraders - Halas

OOE NPCs
* Greta O'Reilly - clay/ore vendor
* Becka McGuzzlin - brewing supply vendor

Neither name is seen in a Aug 2001 Allakhazam capture of Halas NPCs

Sep2000
* Spirita - alchemy vendor

- Jun 2000 EQTraders - Alchemy vs. Oct 2000 EQTraders - Alchemy

- https://web.archive.org/web/20011225...ders/sep00.htm
Quote:
9/29 新ベンダー各地に

と言ってもまだあまり確認できていないのですが。
Kaladim前(BBM)にHops,Maltのベンダー
HalasにOggok系のハーブベンダー
OggokにLargePlateMoldのベンダー
が既に見つかっています。
他にもいくつか追加されていると思います。
-fromLiveserver(RodcetNife)
-fromEQtraders!BBS

Google Translate:
9/29 New vendors in various locations

However, I haven't been able to confirm much yet.
Vendor of Hops, Malt in front of Kaladim (BBM)
Oggok Herbal Bender to Halas
LargePlateMold Vendor on Oggok has already been found.
I'm sure there are a few other additions.
-fromLiveserver(RodcetNife)
-fromEQtraders! BBS
Chuppa's Alchemy Labo lists alchemy inventories, updated since the Sep 2000 patch (11/28/2000). As the comment above indicates, the Oggok inventory is added to Halas with the addition of Spirita.

Misc

Sep2000
* Klok Scaleroot - alchemy vendor in West Cabilis

We don't see Klok Scaleroot in the EQTraders - Alchemy captures above because there seems to have been an issue:

- https://web.archive.org/web/20020225...ders/oct00.htm
Quote:
10/4 またも見落とし?トカゲの葉っぱ

Iksarが2種類のハーブベンダーを利用できないという事実に対し、
どちらも買えるようになるはずなのですが・・・(事実Barbは買えるように)
WestCabilisのテント地帯にハーブを売っているベンダーはいました。確かに。
でも売っているのはOggok系のハーブ・・・あの、Cabilisで買えてたハーブも
Oggok系なんですが・・・・。また次のパッチ待ちのようです(涙
#こいつ見つけた瞬間「あちゃー」と思って落ちてきたので他にいた場合は
情報くださいw

Google Translate:
10/4 Another oversight? Lizard leaves

Against the fact that Iksar does not have access to two types of herbal benders, You should be able to buy both, but (in fact, you can buy Barb). There were vendors selling herbs in the tent zone of West Cabilis. Certainly. But what they sell is Oggok herbs, and the herbs that I used to buy at Cabilis It's an Oggok system. It seems that we are waiting for the next patch again (Tears) The moment I found this guy, I thought "Acha" and it fell, so if there was anything else Info please
Given the timing of this comment, it sounds as if Sony added Klok Scaleroot in Sept 2000 along with Spirita in Halas, but they copied the existing Cabilis merchant's inventory (Jaxxtz - Oggok inventory) instead of giving Klok Scaleroot the new one (Grobb inventory). So they temporarily removed her, before re-adding with the correct inventory.

It was sorted out by Nov2000 as the Chuppa's Alchemy link above indicates. A Dec 2000 EQTraders capture has the updated inventory as well.

-----

With the exception of a clockwork armorer and a clockwork merchant, none of the starred NPCs above appear in the ficticiousname9 dump (summer 2000).
Old 11-15-2023, 01:17 AM
Aviak

Corroboration of the issue with Klok Scaleroot:

- https://web.archive.org/web/20001026...ML/001174.html
Quote:
Mystikclaw
posted 09-29-2000 09:32 AM
With this latest patch I saw that new trade vendors were being put in. My excitement was through the roof when i heard this. After the patch i searched East and West Cabilis to find no new vendors, so i searched all the old ones to see if they got new items. NOthing. So I searched the outlying areas, Lake of Ill omen, Swamp of no Hope, Warsliks Woods, Field of Bone. Nothing. So i went to some Alchemy Message boards and they are saying that just the Barbarians got a new Vendor. Sorry to say this but We Iksar have a very hard time with alchemy because we must place a mule in Firiona Vie to get our starting components for the skill. Any chance we could also get a new Vendor?
Quote:
Yakatizma
posted 09-29-2000 02:22 PM
I was under the impression that the Iksars already had both herb vendors. I'll get the missing one in for the next patch. Sorry about that.
Quote:
Niami
posted 09-29-2000 02:52 PM
Thanks, Yakatizma. At one time, there were reports of a second alchemy vendor in Cabilis, but he/she/it disappeared without a trace right after Kunark went live. It will be nice for the iksar to be able to work in alchemy without having to deal with KOS races to get ingredients.
Quote:
Astennu
posted 10-12-2000 11:14 AM
The additional Alchemy component vendor, named Klok Scaleroot in West Cabilis, does in fact carry the same components as Jaxxtz, who is the original vendor on the "island" there in West Cabilis. I really look forward to this being straightened out for good. It would also be nice if either the component prices weren't so steep, or we were allowed to forage (some of) them.
Old 11-15-2023, 01:56 AM
Aviak

Oops, Klok Scaleroot is already flagged for Sep2000.