Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2021, 09:38 PM
Sarnak

Default Best PvP Combo

Someone recently mentioned Shaman & Troll as best PvP combination.

Now I'm curious. Is this consensus opinion here?
What is best PvP combination?
Old 02-20-2021, 09:50 PM
Banned

Forum Warrior & Shit Poster
Old 02-20-2021, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Forum Warrior & Shit Poster
quoted for truth
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

After analyzing the data, I can confirm that Forum Warrior & Shit Poster is the ultimate combo. I don't know if it has ever really been defeated.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-20-2021, 11:22 PM
Sarnak

LOL! You guys are too funny!
Old 02-20-2021, 11:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After analyzing the data...
But joke aside, few days/weeks ago you wrote somewhere how Necro is not among the best ones. So, you do have some ideas. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Care to share?
Old 02-21-2021, 02:13 AM
Planar Protector

Depends on level and gear access.

Maximum velious, Ogre Warrior Ogre SK Iksar Monk Barb Rogue Any race (no substantial difference) ranger any race (no substantial difference) paladin.

That is to say any melee with over 150 all resists is going to be having a pretty good time
But not everyone is full geared and not everyone you fight will be full geared.

Bard full naked can probably take most people outdoors and bard with 100+ mr pretty easy or at least can always escape.

In late or post velious BOTB rallos zek won with two cleric two warrior and monk and a bard as their team composition you can note none of those classes need to land spells.

In longer duration PVP casters are limited because mana pool can’t regen fast enough vs health pool which has many regen options including heal spells.

If you want to murder people on the cheap you can drop a big DD spell on someone who is doing PVE and get a kill shot that’s a classic move. Wizards have lures so they can do some damage despite high resists.

That’s my two cents.

The reality is each class can do OK if they manage their situation effectively. Being prepared and good is more important than class.

Right now on Red with damage bonus for range items a large warrior or SK is best because they can hit for over 100 reliably with a bow and arrow when weighted axe is equipped check the bug forum. Rangers also are OP right now for this reason. They can’t get weighted axe damage bonus but still get super bow and arrow damage.

I kinda like rangers being strong but ogre warriors shooting death beams is pretty significant

One thing is that pure melee now (classic enabled) can’t channel which means non instant clickies are easy to interrupt which means they now have disadvantage versus hybrids in this area. It used to be that a warrior with all his clickies was really close to a hybrid in utility but now that channeling is correct they are a big step down in magical utility just because their stuff is hard to use in combat.

You caught me in a chatty mood. I should have just told you to do a search.

Best class and race is the one you want to be. Look for a video of beastagor and you will see an iksar SK in mid grade gear decimate a full group in seb thanks to lethal intent, situational awareness, skill, and tactics. Maybe it was his class and race combo? Good players on any class race combo can take out bad players no matter what combo.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 02-21-2021 at 02:17 AM..
Old 02-21-2021, 08:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maximum velious, Ogre Warrior Ogre SK Iksar Monk Barb Rogue Any race (no substantial difference) ranger any race (no substantial difference) paladin.

In longer duration PVP casters are limited because mana pool can’t regen fast enough vs health pool which has many regen options including heal spells.

The reality is each class can do OK if they manage their situation effectively. Being prepared and good is more important than class.
Thank you very very much for all the explanation! I was just curious since I am relatively new to the game and I have never played any mele yet. (I will start Ranger on Red next) I have now much better idea. I was wondering about casters vs non casters. Your explanation makes sense!

Anyway, it was just curiosity, I'm just PvE-ing on red and having fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-21-2021, 11:14 PM
Planar Protector

Most people don’t play end game Everquest so I wouldn’t suggest rolling a warrior because in 15 years you will be full BIS and really like it. For most people they’re gunna have a better time as a caster. Really most of the classes can do good work
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-22-2021, 09:51 AM
Sarnak

Late stage Velious where this server is at with the 50 or less people who log in, any melee should suffice.

On a fresh box, have your pick. The world is your oyster.