Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 12:44 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Charms, Pet XP and Kill Order?

Hello fellow casters. When you are charm killing and getting 100% XP, does it matter if you actually kill your pet first, or do you just have to break charm and then it doesn't matter?

For example, if I break charm, root my former pet, then kill the original target, will my former pet take 50% XP because he still exists?
Old 01-07-2016, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Once charm is broken, all damage that mob dealt is wiped away in the EXP awarding calculation. This happens for both your charmed pet and the NPC your pet was fighting.

For example:

If a warrior melees a mob to 10% HP, and then you charm the mob. When you break charm, all that damage is wiped away, like a memory blur would.

Likewise if your charmed pet is meleeing a mob to 10% Hp, and then you break your charmed pet. All the damage he dealt was wiped away and you could nuke his old target for full XP.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:35 AM
Aviak

To answer your question astrocreeper, you just have to break charm to memblur dealt damage on both targets (your pet and your target) and then it doesn't matter which one you kill first.
Closed Thread